What's new
What's new

ATC help

Ajlclough

Plastic
I am new to the machine I am running a MAZAK BARTAC (sorry for the caps my iPhone is dumb) i100s. It alarmed out yesterday for an alarm 291 no tool unload, tool in magazine. I am new to this machine. I’ve been running multus for years and this is completely new to me. I went through the manual to try to recover the ATC which I found confusing so I called support. They had me try to work through it via some worksheet and then call them back if I couldn’t get anywhere. 2 hours later I was more frustrated and confused so I called back, left a voicemail and waited for a return call. He explained to me that the machines “happy place” was for the ATC arm in base position, the shifter needed to be on the mag side and the carrier needed to be in position 1. (Why he couldn’t have told me this the first call I’m not sure but whatever) so we got two of the three. I cannot get the ATC arm to base position. Send help. LOL! He had me jogging it CW and CCW but the purple light for “base position” won’t light up. No one here has any experience with this machine. I’ve been here two weeks.

I am new to the machine I am running a MAZAK BARTAC (sorry for the caps my iPhone is dumb) i100s. It alarmed out yesterday for an alarm 291 no tool unload, tool in magazine. I am new to this machine. I’ve been running multus for years and this is completely new to me. I went through the manual to try to recover the ATC which I found confusing so I called support. They had me try to work through it via some worksheet and then call them back if I couldn’t get anywhere. 2 hours later I was more frustrated and confused so I called back, left a voicemail and waited for a return call. He explained to me that the machines “happy place” was for the ATC arm in base position, the shifter needed to be on the mag side and the carrier needed to be in position 1. (Why he couldn’t have told me this the first call I’m not sure but whatever) so we got two of the three. I cannot get the ATC arm to base position. Send help. LOL! He had me jogging it CW and CCW but the purple light for “base position” won’t light up. No one here has any experience with this machine. I’ve been here two weeks.
Is your ATC arm powered with MR-J2 amplifier? U can probably step/jog it using MRJ2 software, which u can access through Windows/Apps

Also, ATC arm might need to be rotated twice CCW or CW. Again, using MRJ2 software u can actually see ATC axis angle and on its parameters page ( MRJ2 software) u can find the exact HOME position location. I would assume MAzak uses stations to program ATC movement profile.

Last edited:

Back