What's new
What's new

Australian members. Injection molding supplies

???

Titanium
Good afternoon all Australian members.
I am trying to source plastic granules of various material types to do small batch and prototype molding. Unfortunately all the usual material suppliers have minimum purchase quantity of 1 metric ton. If any one knows where I can purchase single bags of material I would appreciate it if you would share the contact.

If all else fails I will get one of my suppliers in China to send me materials via sea freight in small batches.

This is not an opportunity to tell me how your great grandfather invented the injection molding process using goats cheese but forgot to patent it so keep replies on topic as per the request.

My great grandfather invented injection moulding, before that he asked for samples from the suppliers. Always worth a try.

Good afternoon all Australian members.
I am trying to source plastic granules of various material types to do small batch and prototype molding. Unfortunately all the usual material suppliers have minimum purchase quantity of 1 metric ton. If any one knows where I can purchase single bags of material I would appreciate it if you would share the contact.

If all else fails I will get one of my suppliers in China to send me materials via sea freight in small batches.

This is not an opportunity to tell me how your great grandfather invented the injection molding process using goats cheese but forgot to patent it so keep replies on topic as per the request.
Last time I needed some small qty's I Gave a few injection molders in my area a call, they were happy to sell me a couple of kg's for cash.

Last time I needed some small qty's I Gave a few injection molders in my area a call, they were happy to sell me a couple of kg's for cash.
I will try that as a last resort, the only problem is that all the molders I built molds for have gone out of business because everyone sent the work to China.

Dowlex polypropylene is fairly ubiquitous, plastic bag makers usually have silos full along with colour master batch, try a blown film extruder, alternative is chopping 3D printing filament ( hint an old fashioned plate mincer can chop multifilaments with some tinkering.)
Just a few ideas, my experience with injection moulders was fairly short, like most of my nylon mouldings ( pun)
If your really stuck ( also like many of the abs mouldings) you may have to start granulating what’s about, not ideal, virgin is better ( so I’m told!)
Mark

Back