What's new
What's new

Band saw cut speed on 2-1/2" stainless solid

How do the chips look now?

It's hard to imagine the previous picture came from a 30 min. cut time. But, Things can appear one way and be another.

It's good to hear you got it sorted.

Looking at the picture again, I should think you would be under 60 seconds.
Just based on the size of the saw or what makes you think 60 seconds? It's not a very big saw. <1k lbs and 1 HP motor.

New 4 TPI blades are on order. That might speed things up. Still doesn't seem like the saw it working very hard. But 3.5 minutes fits nicely in with my flow, so I am happy.

Just based on the size of the saw or what makes you think 60 seconds? It's not a very big saw. <1k lbs and 1 HP motor.

New 4 TPI blades are on order. That might speed things up. Still doesn't seem like the saw it working very hard. But 3.5 minutes fits nicely in with my flow, so I am happy.

Neighbors do-all, very similar sized But IIRC 2hp.

My concern with taking too long is rubbing, work hardening, and poor blade life.

Go carefull, less teeth - coarser blade can cut slower a lot slower and normally there not cheaper and hence cost more per tooth for less blade net life and less productivity. Equally coarse blades are generally far easier to damage as there more inclined to hook stuff.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Back