What's new
What's new

Banned on Youtube wannabe machining channels. TOR tip.

Absolutely worth looking! Peter is world class. By far the best CNC guy contributing to youtube.
I consider myself an average CNC guy. I've actually managed to get really good at production, and process improvement.
But, Peter is the guy that says "stand back" when everybody else is saying "how the hell are we gonna do that?"
Agreed. Nearly 100% intriguing, useful information (accompanied by Integrex Ballet); just about 0% fluffy amusement

Absolutely worth looking! Peter is world class. By far the best CNC guy contributing to youtube.
I consider myself an average CNC guy. I've actually managed to get really good at production, and process improvement.
But, Peter is the guy that says "stand back" when everybody else is saying "how the hell are we gonna do that?"

I like edge precision* and don't mean to speak shit about him, but the work he does is really pretty typical for the type of machine he does it on...

* as in his content is good and he knows what he's doing and there's not bullshit or bluster about him, but I do find his slow talking pace a bit hard to listen to.

What is TOR?
Why would people have more than one email address?
Is this the bad people people thing?
Have heard about such. I think they have black hats or something like that.
TOR was a project set up by the military so people couldn't be tracked. Someone will chime in with how. Beloved by criminals and the dark web. You may have heard of dread pirate Roberts and the silk road. Conspiracy theorists also love it because as you know everyone is watching us.:nutter:

I like edge precision* and don't mean to speak shit about him, but the work he does is really pretty typical for the type of machine he does it on...

* as in his content is good and he knows what he's doing and there's not bullshit or bluster about him, but I do find his slow talking pace a bit hard to listen to.
He does pretty cool work, but he also comes up with some really genius ideas as for fixtures and such. I could be wrong but I think he addressed his speech in a video saying he has a form of autism?
I think the biggest thing that makes a good video is editing. Most people don't realize how much time that takes to do when using different camera angles.

i'm surprised i havent been blocked yet...
abom seems to have pretty thin skin, hilarious
I wouldn't be surprised if his wife ran the channel, I think she does the camera work.
I used to watch him back when he first started because I love watching big engine lathes and hogging, it takes me back to my roots! lol.
About a year ago I just couldn't watch him anymore but will pop in for a look once in a while.

It seems that he just gets new stuff constantly and doesn't have a clue on how to use it which is fine, but it makes me want to punch my monitor when I saw him put that god damn manual 6 jaw on that cnc lathe the other day. The cnc that he's had for how long now and he still doesn't know how to run it?
He's turned into a shill for anyone that wants to give him free shit.

He either won the lottery or he's getting all this stuff for free for advertising purposes. I'm sure Titan is the same but he reaches a far larger audience and actually knows wtf he's doing along with his employees.

Well, are you going to tell us what you said?
It was to another poster, mentioned that " a CNC can be used as a manual mill, there is no need for a manual mill, a CNC will do both.
but you can also do automatic feeds in any direction, and program it."
If you watch the video where he was trying to get that big angle plate to mount that jaw piece on his little manual mill, it was a mess and kicking his ass.
I said "it would have been easier if he did it all on that huge FLEX CNC bridge mill he has in there."

But he doesnt know how to use the CNC's so he just muddles through manually, even though the CNC's are there, he has lost a lot of viewers with this new shop.
it is like Titans of CNC with a bunch of sponsored free machines, except the problem issue he doesn't know how to use them.

Last edited:
There was another channel that I liked to watch, British dude who did a ton of very deep trepanning. His name could have been David. Haven't seen anything from him since the scamdemic.
The only actual machinist channel I have found is Peter @ Edge, Titan is OK as long as you understand it is a paid for manufacturing showroom, its not a working machine shop, he has said that, its like QVC CNC.

Yeah, but was the utube guy working in a swamp?
yeah he's not that far from me in Florida. I get it, you want to respect the ones who taught you and in an absolute clinical sense they taught you right and I can admit that. In this particular instance however we have a set true style chuck being installed on a miltronics lathe in Florida. I think foregoing a rust inhibitor for the sake of attempting sub micron levels of run out in this instance is silly.

What is TOR?
simply TOR is just an internet browser that has a high level of anonymity.
Why would people have more than one email address?
I had an old one from a long time ago,
I had to open one related to a job where I needed an email with a work name in it, but they wouldn't have their people make me one.
I had to open one related to a small business I had opened.
I have 2 others from a long time ago, I use them as junk and spam to give out to places that ask for an email address.
So I actually have 5, not to uncommon if you have been a computer nerd for the past 35 years, pre public internet.
Is this the bad people people thing?
Have heard about such. I think they have black hats or something like that.
Haha, I guess, either that or your not much of a computer person.

Yet Peter is so damned nonchalant about it! He gets jobs that look impossible to me, and with his slow and steady professionalism, he makes them look easy.

Plus, he owns and runs a big Mazak Integrex....:)

ToolCat

The only actual machinist channel I have found is Peter @ Edge, Titan is OK as long as you understand it is a paid for manufacturing showroom, its not a working machine shop, he has said that, its like QVC CNC.
Another one I like to watch at times is CnCFrezar pretty much all high feed milling of molds and stuff. Nothing fancy, and their videos are not packed full of crap and little to no narrating. They're somewhere in Europe.

Guhring's channel is a must because of the super cute German girl.
JamesPark_85 machining TV does a lot of big VTL stuff.

The good ones are a rare find. I'd love to find more of them.

But he doesnt know how to use the CNC's so he just muddles through manually, even though the CNC's are there, he has lost a lot of viewers with this new shop.
I could see that. His original allure, at least to me, was as much about the nature of his work as was the skills and all that evaporated when he left the hydraulic (I think?) shop.

Another one I like to watch at times is CnCFrezar pretty much all high feed milling of molds and stuff. Nothing fancy, and their videos are not packed full of crap and little to no narrating. They're somewhere in Europe.

Guhring's channel is a must because of the super cute German girl.
JamesPark_85 machining TV does a lot of big VTL stuff.

The good ones are a rare find. I'd love to find more of them.
Bavaria is good, guy is funny, he is actually an engineer, not a machinist, So you do see a lot of the wrong tooling used for materials. he has an awesome Hermle though.
Hermle Video

Back