What's new
What's new

Banned on Youtube wannabe machining channels. TOR tip.

I dunno how he gets the work.........there used to be a big machine shop up the coast a lot closer to the coal mines ,and they got all the expensive mining stuff....they did hardchrome too .......He s in an expensive area ,rent on that big shed would need a lot of jobs every week .
Guy was on there talking about pouring an isolation pad in that building for one of the mills! He is renting! I sort of feel for the guy because he needs ownership of something.

Ohh boy for anybody who ever meets me in person! :eek::D Talk about "no social skills"!
The man behind this keyboard is a totally different person than you may think. It isnt on purpose or by design.
I just have no filter, and immediately fire whatever my mental reaction to something is out my damn mouth, LOL. Good bad or otherwise.
You will know what I really think in just a few seconds. Can't help it. If I don't say anything? You best just leave.
Add keyboard? And I sometimes take the time to process the thoughts before sending the words.
people with no filter are usually the best people. at least for me

THAT is a guy that straight kicks ass! He not only does the hard jobs, he does them at pro level! He is obviously doing the job while the wife sneaks in to video his work. I'm sure it eats into his schedule but he is making something on YT.
What I HAVE noticed is that guy knows very little about milling. He is a 'turnr'. But he is lurning and I'm sure he will get much better with all that.. He has the knak to figr it out.

I appreciate his blooper stuff but also would like to see his machining screw ups too. We all have them. I know I pretty much got away from modding OEM or 'made' parts. Someone brings you a $10k cylinder head and wants a $100 decking job on it. NOT ME! Too much risk and little reward. I'm out.
huge fan of his, but i cringe seeing him do all the nasty dirty stuff without any gloves on :(

huge fan of his, but i cringe seeing him do all the nasty dirty stuff without any gloves on :(
Dude definitely gets some work done!, His hands are hammered, sign of doing hard work.
I have CNC'c, so my hands are like a babies but :D
He is probably my #1 watched channel though.

Dude definitely gets some work done!, His hands are hammered, sign of doing hard work.
I have CNC'c, so my hands are like a babies but :D
He is probably my #1 watched channel though.
just saying you dont need to fuck up your hands while doing hard work!
i used to not wear gloves when i had my race car shop. cuts and bruises all over, my hands were nasty. nowadays i wear gloves any time i'm gonna touch something super dirty or sharp. fuck that shit

I dunno how he gets the work.........there used to be a big machine shop up the coast a lot closer to the coal mines ,and they got all the expensive mining stuff....they did hardchrome too .......He s in an expensive area ,rent on that big shed would need a lot of jobs every week .
He eluded to having a very reasonable agreement with his land lord in one or two of his older vids..................plus he doesn't need any of the big high paying work. His YT channel is prolly padding his pocket book by now...................he's grown to quite the viewership...............

So to quote a term/phrase Mr Wheelie used in some other long forgotten thread................You wear bitch mittens?:D
As we all know most machine shops wont let you wear gloves anyway, OSHA, they want you to keep your fingers and hands around power tools.
And feeling the parts for burrs, steps, chips.....most shops want you to be able to feels things, and hear things, so no bitch mittens allowed.
when I was new I used to roll with some of the wax based hand crap that keeps you pores and fingernails from getting shit impregnated into them,
it just washes off and the grime also, back to baby butt hands! :D

He eluded to having a very reasonable agreement with his land lord in one or two of his older vids..................plus he doesn't need any of the big high paying work. His YT channel is prolly padding his pocket book by now...................he's grown to quite the viewership...............
If I remember right, the shop that he's doing his stuff in was his and he sold it. They let him keep that Mazak in there for his hobby.
I could be wrong though.

If I remember right, the shop that he's doing his stuff in was his and he sold it. They let him keep that Mazak in there for his hobby.
I could be wrong though.

I just remember the episode where he talked about why there's a helicopter pad out back and the owner flies in/out in a chopper :D

I could be wrong though.
Your thinking of Peter @ Edge Precision,
we are talking about Kurtis @ Cutting Edge Engineering.

As we all know most machine shops wont let you wear gloves anyway, OSHA, they want you to keep your fingers and hands around power tools.
And feeling the parts for burrs, steps, chips.....most shops want you to be able to feels things, and hear things, so no bitch mittens allowed.
when I was new I used to roll with some of the wax based hand crap that keeps you pores and fingernails from getting shit impregnated into them,
it just washes off and the grime also, back to baby butt hands! :D
I do wide variety of work in and outa the shop...............I'm not a stranger to good ol ditch diggin', masonry, or wood chopping'........I have purdy thick hide on my hands. Just grew up that way............. Some of my worker bees are always gettin' knicks and slivers where I'm close to impervious to it..................'bout the only time I put on gloves is when I'm tearing apart some old greasy gearbox or transmission...........or an oily soot covered diesel unit...............

Oh, and my lil woman likes the rough hands............when she shakes a guy's hand that's smooth like a baby, she equates it to them being a girly man. Her words, not mine................ :D

As we all know most machine shops wont let you wear gloves anyway, :D
I have been forced to write up more than one UAW employees for not wearing gloves on lathes, mills and grinders.
All of these upheld and points against the employee on protest.
Yes I know but cut resistant gloves in the standard work instructions.
So I get a medical. Just a cut but there is some blood. Not hospital but band aid and some wash.
It is like the world is so upside down. There maybe blood in the coolant. That will have to be changed.
Blood drips on the floor? Call in the guys with the fancy suits.
I get pages and pages of paperwork for a small cut on a finger.
These are the rules to avoid lawsuits.
I think it a bit crazy but we also love lawyers and what they can do.

I have been forced to write up more than one UAW employees for not wearing gloves on lathes, mills and grinders.
All of these upheld and points against the employee on protest.
Yes I know but cut resistant gloves in the standard work instructions.
So I get a medical. Just a cut but there is some blood. Not hospital but band aid and some wash.
It is like the world is so upside down. There maybe blood in the coolant. That will have to be changed.
Blood drips on the floor? Call in the guys with the fancy suits.
I get pages and pages of paperwork for a small cut on a finger.
These are the rules to avoid lawsuits.
I think it a bit crazy but we also love lawyers and what they can do.
Yeah that bassakwards idea gets a lot of people hurt.
My grandpa worked for GE and Westinghouse back in the day.
Wearing gloves cause the rules, not because it was safe.
Now he is totally missing a thumb due to it, good times.

my son used to ask me when he was new, why don't you wear gloves so you don't get cut?
do you want a little cut, or do you want to keep your fingers!

Yeah that bassakwards idea gets a lot of people hurt.
My grandpa worked for GE and Westinghouse back in the day.
Wearing gloves cause the rules, not because it was safe.
Now he is totally missing a thumb due to it, good times.

my son used to ask me when he was new, why don't you wear gloves so you don't get cut?
do you want a little cut, or do you want to keep your fingers!
i only wear latex gloves, a lot less risk of those getting pulled in.

Hi TeachMePlease:
You wrote:
"it's satisfying to watch someone else do it well, on big stuff that I'll likely never touch."

I couldn't agree more!
I have the greatest respect for those of you who do big stuff...I'd get impatient if I needed a crane to change the chuck on my lathe.
Stuff where it takes a day and two guys just to get the part up on the mill table and aligned...no thank you very much, but I'm thankful that most machinists absolutely hate the scale of the stuff you and I do so there's more for me.
You know...the ones who think a 1/2" drill is too small and too hard to run.

I'm still super envious of your toys... I'm not envious at all of the toys Curtis has, but I greatly respect his skills and his knowledge.
I'd be very curious to find out how much he bills out in a month...with the way he works so damn hard, I'm hoping it's a lot!

I did a brief stint as a welder back in the 1970's working in a sawmill, so I know how hard it is on your body.
Bitsy "grain of rice" sized stuff is so much easier on the old bones, especially when you have to pick it up and turn it over.
Just don't drop it on the floor.

Cheers

Marcus
www.implant-mechanix.com
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Hi TeachMePlease:
You wrote:
"it's satisfying to watch someone else do it well, on big stuff that I'll likely never touch."

I couldn't agree more!
I have the greatest respect for those of you who do big stuff...I'd get impatient if I needed a crane to change the chuck on my lathe.
Stuff where it takes a day and two guys just to get the part up on the mill table and aligned...no thank you very much, but I'm thankful that most machinists absolutely hate the scale of the stuff you and I do so there's more for me.
You know...the ones who think a 1/2" drill is too small and too hard to run.

I'm still super envious of your toys... I'm not envious at all of the toys Curtis has, but I greatly respect his skills and his knowledge.
I'd be very curious to find out how much he bills out in a month...with the way he works so damn hard, I'm hoping it's a lot!

I did a brief stint as a welder back in the 1970's working in a sawmill, so I know how hard it is on your body.
Bitsy "grain of rice" sized stuff is so much easier on the old bones, especially when you have to pick it up and turn it over.
Just don't drop it on the floor.

Cheers

Marcus
www.implant-mechanix.com
www.vancouverwireedm.com

Swiss machining: Anything you can do, we can do smaller. And I like it that way.

Back