What's new
What's new

Been away for about three years, cheap FANUC O-M/C simulation?

Richard/SIA

Cast Iron
Before crashing the machine I am buying I would like to get some practice with FANUC O-M/C on the desktop.
Last FANUC I ran was a 3000-C, a bit primitive with leading zeroes and no decimal points.
That was over three years ago so I am more than a little rusty.
FADAL 88HS was more modern but not FANUC.
Struggling to buy the machine and tool it up, so no extra cash laying around for expensive simulation software.
I see that FANUC was offering some free version during the "Pandemic" but it seems that has expired.
Anything currently available?

Are you planning to use finger-CAM? If not, nearly every CAM program nowadays lets you play tool paths on a PC and can be trusted to output non-crashing g-code if you use a reliable post. If the CAM path looks good on the PC, it's likely OK on the Fanuc. Do an air cut if you want, do the first part with reduced rapids, hover over the cycle-stop button, and watch distance-to-go carefully on the first run. Besides, IMHO most crashes are due to tool and work offset mistakes, and not g-code mistakes, which running on a Fanuc simulator may not catch. Fanuc 0i-MC has an on-machine path simulation mode, and it's mostly useless. I don't know whether MC has the feature.

If you're wanting to finger-CAM a bunch, I understand your wish for a simulator. I gave up finger-CAM when I sold my Deckel FP2NC.

Before crashing the machine I am buying I would like to get some practice with FANUC O-M/C on the desktop.
Last FANUC I ran was a 3000-C, a bit primitive with leading zeroes and no decimal points.
That was over three years ago so I am more than a little rusty.
FADAL 88HS was more modern but not FANUC.
Struggling to buy the machine and tool it up, so no extra cash laying around for expensive simulation software.
I see that FANUC was offering some free version during the "Pandemic" but it seems that has expired.
Anything currently available?
Have a look on the iPad for sunspire app . It simulates fanuc miller for free. You can also download on a PC a little more difficult. I use on both PC and iPad . I can explain how to down load the app on pc . You can write any program it recognises cycles of all types. I write macro b programmes on it.

Back