What's new
What's new

Best shop wall cleaner I’ve found

Turbowerks

Cast Iron
Well I started one of those jobs, you know the ones now i have to finish! Cleaning the ceiling in the shop. Throughout the years I’ve tried many cleaners,simple green , purple power and many more caustic types. Found good old Dawn dish works about as good or better than most until a friend talked me into trying some dollar store awesome cleaner and wow it does work awesome ! Just like others don’t let it dry or it kinda sets the dirt/soot/ coolant on the wall or ceiling just a good supply of old towels and elbow grease. Any other experience with it?
1672d1311a1ac7d18d410e6301327891.jpg

017a3474ea256f7d98fdab6592cecfbf.jpg

When I find it I don’t need it
When I need it I can’t find it!

Been using that stuff for several years now. It is the best over all cleaner I've found. Cheap too, which is a plus.

Does it stay then same formula? I had always assumed it was whatever they got cheap that week to fill the bottles. Are you saying they have a recipe and stick to it?
Bill D

Does it stay then same formula? I had always assumed it was whatever they got cheap that week to fill the bottles. Are you saying they have a recipe and stick to it?
Bill D

Seems like the stuff i get at the big box stores or amazon works the same but the dollar stores up here i have bought some that didn’t have seals on and that didn’t work as good, maybe cut with water. Some one could have bought some and returned a batch. Cheap fakers

When I find it I don’t need it
When I need it I can’t find it!

We had some tenants use the airtight woodstove and left suit all over the ceiling. Some friends of ours have a cleaning business and came out to help clean the place out.
I was totally planning on sealing the ceiling and walls and painting them but they said we should try cleaning them.

They used half and half Mr. Clean and Ammonia and put that in a bucket of warm water and use micro fiber towels to wash with. I ended up not needing to paint. That solution cleans most anything. And for scuffs I use either Mr. Clean erasers or generic melamine ones from Amazon.

That cleaner (Awesome) is old school and still contains cocaine. That's probably why you are seeing such great results. Has your lathe been smiling at you , too?

I recently hired Going Green, a commercial cleaning company here in Lafayette, to clean up our company's workshop. They've used a Simple Green cleaner for our shop ceiling. Our space sees a lot of activity, so it's not uncommon for things to get a bit grimy up there. I'd say Simple Green is very effective at tackling the grime and grease that tends to accumulate on workshop ceilings.

Last edited:

Back