What's new
What's new

Blaser Coolant & Box Way Rust

We have been running Blasocut BC40SW for about a year or so now. We have soft water so we add a hardening agent to reduce foaming. We run mostly 4140PHT, Stainless 303/304, some 1045 some hard turned at 50-55Rc, Mild and a little aluminum. We have 9 operators & 15 machines so they can sometimes sit for a couple of weeks. We switched to Blasocut because it doesn't get stinky and was supposed to provide a little rust resistance on the parts without discoloring aluminum after the parts sit. It seem to do everything well but I am getting light rust 'patches' (more like 'oxidation') about the size of my little fingernail sprinkled along the machine box ways. Also in a couple of other spots on the turret. If anything our coolant concentraitons are heavy so i would not expect this. I am considering switching coolants again. Anyone else experience this with Blasocut BC40SW and find a cause?

It doesn't seem to be damaging the machine (yet) but it is making me nervous.

TIA
Harvey

Hello! We're sorry for our extreme delay. We're ramping up our communication efforts. We think testing your water quality is the best first step, which is a free service. If this hasn't been resolved already, please private message us your name, location, shop name, and preferred contact method (email/phone), and we will have your rep contact you. Thank you!

Back