What's new
What's new

Blast from the past - Brexit

Whats the attraction of Britain?....Why arent they happy to stay in France ,or Austria,or Germany?.

Seems they were NOT girls being trafficed. Mix, many of them male, some may have been Vietnamese, not Chinese.

"Why Britain". Beats me. UK has a higher average population density per square than China. But why EUROPE, at all?

There isn't ANY place in Asia - not even "most" of the major cities - where taxes are not lower, food and housing cheaper, than the UK, France, Germany, Austria, except for Hong Kong and Singapore.

Even Bulgaria - where they "ma have" originated - is about as low a cost of living as Europe gets - yet still more expensive than most of China or Vietnam.

Middle East and Africa? Yah, it's Hell. Understandable they want to leave.

Asia? Not so much. Folks with modest incomes move TO those places to retire or even get medical care not affordable or not available in time at home.

For-sure, there are gangs selling terribly unrealistic expectations to the gullible.

Where have we seen THAT before?

Surely no need to leave home to find it.

:(

Im very familiar with the strategy,seen it first hand .But I still cant figure out why Britain?.....I imagine social security and health benefits are the same in the big 3,wages might even be higher in Germany........the essential feature is one young family member establishes ,then sends money back to the family,whilst pursuing a refugee claim,which will drag out to years.

EU's stated aim is one country from Atlantic to Russia - or The Fourth Reich.
The Third Reich only lasted 12 years while Fourth Reich has so far managed one year.

EU's stated aim is one country from Atlantic to Russia - or The Fourth Reich.
The Third Reich only lasted 12 years while Fourth Reich has so far managed one year.

Where do you get BS like that? As things are at the moment the EU isn't a single entity but 28 countries that should be working together.

Since joining the Common Market in 1972 the UK could have had much more influence that it has had. What you should be asking yourself is why UK EU politicians seem to have done SFA for as long as I can remember.

Have you any idea which, if any of these EU groups, your EU politicians are members of?

Political groups of the European Parliament - Wikipedia

Can the EU Commission overrule the EU Parliament?
The commission has no decision-making powers as such. EU legislation can only be made by the assent of the Council of Ministers (sometimes along with that of the European parliament). ... The commission does not decide whether member states or other bodies are in breach of the treaties or other EU law.

Where do you get BS like that?

Drivel redacted.

Beats me. Thought the Merkel-Putin "Neue Ostpolitik" went clear to the Pacific, then sold the lot back to whence it came - the "Nue Golden Horde" HQ Beijing, this time around.

Golden Horde - Wikipedia

Check the map in the sidebar.

Or had you forgotten Muscovy was their creation, Prince Nevsky but a minor underling? As Putin has again become, economically, already, militarily, soon enough.

Gone "more OCD than usual", have ye?

You seem to be chronically fixated on "balls", the better part of a year, now?

You might want to get a McClellan saddle fitted to your computer chair?

I do not understand why he is so angry all of the time and he has a chip on his shoulder too.

Back to the Original Post...

When is the day the bandage(s) get ripped off ?

And...is there a trauma team in place with available blood for xfusion ?

[Brexit day is subject to change without notice.

Well.. I was about to point to Greenwich Mean Time as a POSSIBLE exception - the only thing NOT "subject to change without notice" anywhere in Blighty..

But then again?

It is the very nature of a TIME standard to be ever and always ticking off change, lest it be totally USELESS, isn't it?

Bore-us gits it done in a few more weeks, or another half-a-year, it will nonetheless be more progress in less time that the mess as came before 'im.

Does he expect any thanks for that? Not really.

US-born or not, he's still a Brit.

Holding low expectations of approval is "standard", yah?

Well.. I was about to point to Greenwich Mean Time as a POSSIBLE exception - the only thing NOT "subject to change without notice" anywhere in Blighty..

But then again?

It is the very nature of a TIME standard to be ever and always ticking off change, lest it be totally USELESS, isn't it?

Bore-us gits it done in a few more weeks, or another half-a-year, it will nonetheless be more progress in less time that the mess as came before 'im.

Does he expect any thanks for that? Not really.

US-born or not, he's still a Brit.

Holding low expectations of approval is "standard", yah?

Whaa ? Damn it speak clearly. I have a hard time sometimes with your posts but I am;trying hard to understand.

Whaa ? Damn it speak clearly. I have a hard time sometimes with your posts but I am;trying hard to understand.

Just try to escape Florida before it is too late, then.

Statistically, it's becoming North America's per-capita reservoir of senility and Alzheimers, lower-48 and Canada alike!

Kalifornikyah SSR only LOOKS worse off the back of voluntary insanity from childhood, onward. Too instant-gratification impatient to WAIT for old-age.

Getting back to the subject. Brexit officially delayed yet again. Why not get a parliamentary majority before wasting the time of the other 27 EU countries?

If there was a UK parliamentary majority behind a proposed agreement then it would be EU having to decide "yes or no".

This whole mess has been an example on how to f*ck up something that could have been resolved long ago. You Brits have my sympathy when you have to decide who the f*ck to vote for come next election.

Say the word "Brexit" and the result is either laughter or head shaking. There was a time when I thought "Yes minister" and "Yes prime minister" was comedy but it is in fact how things are done in the UK.

YouTube

That's the problem you get when you try to (or not) implement the greatest change a country has had for four decades based on a decision that split the vote right down the middle. There is no meaningful majority for deciding either way.

Back