What's new
What's new

Bluetooth input for DRO?

ae5

Plastic
I'm looking for something but am not sure what to call it, I'm hoping that someone here is able to better describe what I'm looking for.

I've found that there are digital micrometers with bluetooth output, they generally seem to be connected to PC applications. And I've found there are DROs with bluetooth outputs, they seem to connect to tablets or PCs.

What I'm looking for is a DRO that accepts bluetooth as input for one of the scales. The idea is that the micrometer would be connected to the DRO as an extra axis.

This seems like a product that must exist, but I haven't been able to find it. I think that I'm searching for the wrong terms, does anyone have ideas on whether this exists, or at least terms I should be searching for?

Thanks for any help.
-Andrew

Thanks, but that seems to be a way to connect a DRO to a tablet. What I would like to do is connect a micrometer to a DRO; i.e., bluetooth would be input to the DRO, not output.

However, from that link the normal scales seem to be called encoders, I'm going to try more searching for things like "micrometer connected DRO encoder", I was only searching for things like "input" before.

The droPWR uses a Blue Tooth box that the scale or encoder plugs into, then you connect your ipad to the box by Blue Tooth after you download an app onto your ipad.

Back