What's new
What's new

Boombastic Open House: Manufacturing trade event Dallas Fort Worth May 2nd & 3rd

Donkey Hotey

Titanium
I have no affiliation but, thought this might be a great event for people in the Texas area. I'm honestly half motivated to make the drive from California. I would add some "Boam baybee" jokes but, Titan has already taken the steam out of it by calling it the Boombastic Open House. According to the registration site, the event is free to attend.

It looks like a bunch of vendors, their technical reps and sales people will be on site. I never leave events like this feeling like I didn't learn something valuable. Finding good, regional events where you get this many reps in a single location can be hard in such a big country. Looks like this is barely 6 miles from DFW.

Boombastic Open House: Manufacturing trade event in Flower Mound Texas May 2nd & 3rd

Last edited:
I have no affiliation but, thought this might be a great event for people in the Texas area. I'm honestly half motivated to make the drive from California. I would add some "Boam baybee" jokes but, Titan has already taken the steam out of it by calling it the Boombastic Open House. According to the registration site, the event is free to attend.

It looks like a bunch of vendors, their technical reps and sales people will be on site. I never leave events like this feeling like I didn't learn something valuable. Finding good, regional events where you get this many reps in a single location can be hard in such a big country. Looks like this is barely 6 miles from DFW.

Boombastic Open House: Manufacturing trade event in Flower Mound Texas May 2nd & 3rd

wow- that guy looks like a graduate of the Teutel School of acting, who had a bad run-in with a robotic lawnmower.
I have been to a lot of trade shows over the years, but never with an MC like that one.
But then, I am so old I went to night school at LA Trade Tech, and our machining instructors wore white lab coats and were retired McDonnell Douglas master machinists, not luchador libre champions.

I thought he was scam prison preacher of machines.
I would go, have to trim my toenails that day. Prior commitment. And Dallas…

couldnt pay me to be in the same room as titan...

They're expecting so many people that you get a time slot when you sign up and they expect it will take four hours to see everything. If you don't want to stand in the meet & greet line, I'm sure you guys could avoid him saying boam baybee to you. 🤣

Hint: there's going to be lots of machines there, lots of demos, Kennemtal showing off their latest technology. That's what trade events are.
couldnt pay me to be in the same room as titan...
You know damn well if you worked for me and I paid your day to fly to Dallas, hang out, look at machines, get lunch and fly home, you'd be all over that.

They're expecting so many people that you get a time slot when you sign up and they expect it will take four hours to see everything. If you don't want to stand in the meet & greet line, I'm sure you guys could avoid him saying boam baybee to you. 🤣

Hint: there's going to be lots of machines there, lots of demos, Kennemtal showing off their latest technology. That's what trade events are.

You know damn well if you worked for me and I paid your day to fly to Dallas, hang out, look at machines, get lunch and fly home, you'd be all over that.
nope! i'd rather gouge my eyes out than be in the vicinity of that clown.

I went. The Heller was cool to watch. Facing steel with maybe 6" shell mill spraying the door with chips. Maybe 1/4" doc. Cutter was about eye level. The only torsnos running was the one with 8 spindles, knocking out a hose connector type part every 11 sec. Titan must have been up in the office. I didn't see him.pretty good show. Must have been 20 mill worth of machines in there. Really big DN 5axis machine working on a 2ft diameter chunk of steel. Dude said blank was 1600#.

Was there a good turnout of people? Trade events and shows are always a chance to ask questions or see something completely new.

There was pretty good turn out from what I could tell. Parking lot was jammed. Free admission and nice looking catered food. My only complaint was big tvs playing machining videos really loud and on repeat. There was plenty of noise with the real machines running, but whatever. The big DN 5ax operator was little concerned about the pad thickness (6"). He said that machine needed 3ft. I imagine the Hellers need similar.

wow- that guy looks like a graduate of the Teutel School of acting, who had a bad run-in with a robotic lawnmower.
I have been to a lot of trade shows over the years, but never with an MC like that one.
But then, I am so old I went to night school at LA Trade Tech, and our machining instructors wore white lab coats and were retired McDonnell Douglas master machinists, not luchador libre champions.
"Teutel" , as in those Orange County Chopper guys?

I don’t understand the hate for this dude.

Love or hate the approach, at least he’s trying to do something for the industry and attract more youngsters.weather it’s a sales tactic or not, I see it as very positive
there's a thread about this exact topic, go read it.

"Teutel" , as in those Orange County Chopper guys?
yup. My kids used to watch that show, they were incredibly stupid and had very poor grasp of metalworking, but could sell the hell out of very lightly modified harleys with skullatons all over em. They also bought every cnc doodad they could find. worst taste in haircuts, too...

There was pretty good turn out from what I could tell. Parking lot was jammed. Free admission and nice looking catered food. My only complaint was big tvs playing machining videos really loud and on repeat. There was plenty of noise with the real machines running, but whatever. The big DN 5ax operator was little concerned about the pad thickness (6"). He said that machine needed 3ft. I imagine the Hellers need similar.
I was there as well, a friend and I went Friday, spent about 4 hrs going through, i believe we talked to every vendor other than whatever the freddy vac deal was (not actually freddy, idk the brand)

I went in with pretty low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. I live about an hour and a half from there, so I figured it cant be that bad lol. I agree with the tvs playing, that was a bit obnoxious. one of the hellers was doing a really interrupted cut, you could definitely feel the floor lol

Back