What's new
What's new

Bridgeport CNC Mill Error codes - Does anyone know what they mean?

fredhh47

Aluminum
I haven't seen any queries about this topic in a while. I have a Bridgeport BOSS 6, Series ll CNC that is in pretty good shape and is used in my machine shop every day. A short while ago, there were several on-off-on cycles of the main power in our area, rather rapidly, as in 5 or 6 times off and on over a minute.This left me with one shop computer toasted and the BOSS 6 showing an error code of 70007, or 000 70007 if you read the whole panel.
The machine will power up, the control panel lights up, I can cancel the "E-Stop / Limit-Override" light, and the spindle will run (manually started). All of the electronic boards seem to be good, I have swapped them out for known-good alternates with no change. Power settings are within normal range, fuses are good and tight in their holders, and the relays seem to be good. Even the lube oil reservoir is full. So, as far as I can see, there is nothing that would prohibit the machine from operating. When I power it up, it appears normal, except for the error code. The code will not "clear" by using the reset switch. The axes will not respond to manual ontrol, but the steppers appear to be "on". Any suggestions? (Nope, I can't afford a retrofit). I need a fix. Jobs are piling up and customers are complaining. Thank you

Back