What's new
What's new

Bridgeport DRO

30 years ago I had one.Started skipping count.Replaced with an Acu-Rite. No parts available . If it beaks buy a new one.

If I recall correctly, the one I had was made by Textron when they owned? Bridgeport. Eventually it failed, couldn’t find parts and had to get a replacement. You can try your luck on eBay for parts but there’s not much info or support on those DRO

I have one that still works. Pretty basic, wouldn’t mind replacing it with a newer unit but don’t know what would be compatible with the existing scales.

I still have the textron version working on a circa 1984 BP; I've been through a couple of heads, a scale, and fixed a couple by replacing the inverter module for the display, and working on the scales. So, about 4 years ago after swearing that I wasn't going to fiddle with fixing/replacing another piece of that system, I bought a nearly new Accurite system for the BP, so I'd have it when the old textron crapped out....of course, it has been working fine since I purchased the backup which I haven't installed yet.
I've never found a schematic for these. Cheers

I still have the textron version working on a circa 1984 BP; I've been through a couple of heads, a scale, and fixed a couple by replacing the inverter module for the display, and working on the scales. So, about 4 years ago after swearing that I wasn't going to fiddle with fixing/replacing another piece of that system, I bought a nearly new Accurite system for the BP, so I'd have it when the old textron crapped out....of course, it has been working fine since I purchased the backup which I haven't installed yet.
I've never found a schematic for these. Cheers
It'll likely continue on for another decade... you've a replacement so it won't fail.

Back