What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Interact 412 Spindle RPM Mystery

mmcan2

Plastic
I recently purchased my mill; it is of 1987 vintage. It has the Heidenhain 151Q controller, Bosch drives, and Fanuc spindle. I have slowly been trying to bring this mill to back life. I never got a straight answer from the previous owner(foundry) why it was taken out of service. So, I took a chance and bought it at a good price as it was in their way.

So, the issue have I encountered now is, I can’t seem to enter an rpm value below 399 rpms. With the spindle adjust knob you can have a percentage above and below your entered spindle speed. And with other numbers I enter I get that functionality at 400 I can go below to 399 but I can go higher. Is there a parameter that controls this or is there a “back-gear” that I need to shift into? Any rpm number I input below 400 rpms, I get a “WRONG RPM” fault on the screen. It clears easily but I cant get it to drop below that number. I can do an M19 command for spindle orientation. I don’t have air hooked up or tool holders yet so I haven’t tried a tool change.

I anyone has come up against this if you could share that fix I would appreciate it.

Mike

That should be controlled by parameter on the HH control. IIRC the min on the one I learned on was 120. Anyway to access the parameters by memory (muscle memory i might add....) I think the password should be 15948.

The parameter list isn't very long, see page 45 on this scribd manual. https://www.scribd.com/doc/75873275/TNC-155-M-instal#

Maybe you can decipher it. Make sure you make a hand back up of parameters before changing anything.

Thanks for the reply/suggestion I will try to make sense of that page and info. I did try to modify the "01991" number and that didn't do anything. I did end up receiving some phone capture from the original owner of the parameters before they took the mill out of service. So I updated the few that were different than the list he gave me and a list I found in the pendant cabinet. And that did change things but did not improve the way the mill way working. I will keep trying to work this out and post my results here

Team,

Update…I have tried to modify several machine parameters with no success. MP 62, my mill is set to “5” I tried all variables 0-5. This did have the spindle turning much slower, just not controllable with input or spindle knob. MP 63, my mill is set to “01991” I changed the number to match several different combinations, again no success. MP 120 my mill is set to “45000” I tried several combinations only to get a spindle fault. All parameters were reset back to the numbers on the list I received from the previous owner. I’m going to try going into a tapping cycle to see if that will modify the spindle speed to suit the feed variable. So I have to figure out how to switch from Heidenhain controls language to ISO.

So I have to figure out how to switch from Heidenhain controls language to ISO.

Honestly I'd just stick with HH plain language. Just make a post for it and go. It's plenty capable. in fact IIRC, ISO will handicap that machine and doesn't give you ability to use the machine to it's full capability.

Gustafson - "Several spindle related parameters 184, 190 etc
78-85"

Thanks for the replies, I have solved the issue with your help. It was parameter 184 spindle voltage min - max 0v - 9.999v. I inadvertently input .999v when in fact the parameter called for .099v. The list provided to by the previous owner had the proper value I fat fingered it!

I'm am interested in your post for fusion I haven't even got that far yet! I still need tool holder and retention know another hurdle.

There is one that comes with it and all I did was rip out the return to zero codes because my R2C3 doesnt accept it and the Z actually hit the limit switch for the first time ever

There is one that comes with it and all I did was rip out the return to zero codes because my R2C3 doesnt accept it and the Z actually hit the limit switch for the first time ever
change back to a CPS this might be the right one,
i don't use it often

Attachments

• heidenhain151a.txt
    32.5 KB · Views: 3

Back