What's new
What's new

BridgePort Series 1 CNC Mill For Sale

Sleepybear

Plastic
Excellent Working Machine-Shop Liquidating-9,000 OBO -Local pick up cash preferably but can ship anywhere in the lower 48 for 600.00

Table size 9" x 42"
Spindle speeds, variable 80 – 2720 RPM
Spindle taper R-8
Longitudinal travel 27"
Cross travel 13"
Knee travel 14"
Quill travel 5"
Motor 1 HP
Power requirements
220 / 440 volts, 3 phase, 60 cycle
Amps 3-Jun
Approximate dimensions 57" x 58" x 82" high Approximate weight
2,750 lbs.

Equipped With:

Anilam 3000M CNC Control,
Work Light,
Splash Guard,

Attachments

• eeac32dd-d243-47da-a162-af5b0123f74c.jpg
    eeac32dd-d243-47da-a162-af5b0123f74c.jpg
    458.3 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: mjk
Just gotta find the right buyer. Retrofit knee mills are desirable among hobby guys due to their smaller foot print and simple construction and operation, but most CNC shops don't like them other than to use as a really functional manual mill. For $5000 someone shopping for a CNC mill could possibly find a full VMC with tool changer and enclosure, although it'll be old and might need some repairs.

We bought a 1990 Series 1 BP 5 years ago for $8500 (if I remember right), that had a 2 axis Prototrak retrofit and Z axis DRO, and it was super clean with very little wear and had a variable speed head with 30 taper spindle. We bought it as a manual mill for 2nd ops coming out of the VMCs and other simple jobs where the turret mill configuration was wanted. Retrofits have their place, and yours being a 3 axis is a plus, but the older step pully head and R8 taper might detract from the value for some (R8's are cheap and plentiful, but the long taper isn't convenient to be swapping out mid program while trying to keep your Z offset consistent).

Just gotta find the right buyer. Retrofit knee mills are desirable among hobby guys due to their smaller foot print and simple construction and operation, but most CNC shops don't like them other than to use as a really functional manual mill. For $5000 someone shopping for a CNC mill could possibly find a full VMC with tool changer and enclosure, although it'll be old and might need some repairs.

We bought a 1990 Series 1 BP 5 years ago for $8500 (if I remember right), that had a 2 axis Prototrak retrofit and Z axis DRO, and it was super clean with very little wear and had a variable speed head with 30 taper spindle. We bought it as a manual mill for 2nd ops coming out of the VMCs and other simple jobs where the turret mill configuration was wanted. Retrofits have their place, and yours being a 3 axis is a plus, but the older step pully head and R8 taper might detract from the value for some (R8's are cheap and plentiful, but the long taper isn't convenient to be swapping out mid program while trying to keep your Z offset consistent).
I appreciate your info and will take into consideration when and if any offers come in. I don't mind coming down in price within reason but I dont see myself taking less than 5

Hi Sleepy, Did you ever sell that mill? I might be interested at a lower price. I'm a hobbyist, and been looking to convert my BP S1 2J that is in excellent condition.

Back