What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Textron Manual

Can'tWeld

Aluminum
Guys I just pick up a Bridgeport Textron Series 1 mill,this is my first so I know nothing about it or how to use it.I beleive it to be a 1982 model with the VS 2J head #2J92351.On the knee is #BR 12 above the BR 227671,it has the oil pump that has the plunger type and original VS X axis power feed 6f motor/controls.I would like to find a manual at Tonys UK website cause they are fantastic.I look but could not find one due to no pictures,and nothing seem to match.I like to find one that has info on the power feed,oil pump,wiring diagram,general maintenance.I'm not computer savy plus I'm working off my laptop to to home computer bit the dirt and my printer stinks.Any help,links,websites,or a link to Tonys place to the BP that matches what I have.Thanks for any info-----Can'tWeld

Here is one place that you can get a manual. Not free, but you may be interested.
There are other spots where you may be able to D/L a free manual but usually it is best to just a nicely put together manual and be done with it.

Bridgeport-Mill
pg

195.00 while I know its top of the line Ouch.Thanks for the link to the freebie,see if I can find someone with a good printer maybe at work.Thanks again for the reply

Sorry about that. I certainly did not mean for you to spend any money on that manual. $195?..... They must be dreaming!
Take the free download and save it to a folder on your computer. You can then perhaps copy it on a thumb drive and give that to someone with a printer. This download gives you the most up to date information available, relating to a Bridgeport mill.
Meanwhile you can bring it up on your computer to read at your convenience.
pg

Oh no,thank you for the link to BP,I did book mark it for future reference.That link to the other manual is fantastic which is just what I wanted,has alot of information in it.Thank you piniongear for both links,I'm fired up about this BP its one serious machine----Can'tWeld

Oh yeah, you are going to enjoy that piece of equipment!
Nothing like having a Bridgeport. It will serve you well. And yours being a 1982 makes it a fairly late model.
pg

Genuine BP manuals are free from BP
Why would you want to pay for a duplicate when you can get the original for free
You need to know the serial number for the parts list.

Go to: Kneemills.com and click on the documentation tab.
JR

Hi Shivu034,
Did you find manual for the Bridgeport? I've acquired an old series2 Interact2 with TNC 145 Control. Would you like to share any manuals you might have found on this machine?

I have purchased a BP Ser 1 CNC that has a AH HA upgrade on it. All systems function like they should. I bought it to upgrade to a centroid acorn board with the spindle speed controller for exact rpm. I want to keep the original stepper motors since they are working perfect. I only do R&D a couple parts at a time in aluminum. for you people that are pros in this field, would somebody please tell me if the acorn board will drive the steppers I have? Any info on my upgrade would be appreciated. I am not into speed on the cut, may only use the mill 1 or 2 a month, the exact measurement is what counts.
I do R&D and always need something made and there are very limited machine shops around these days.

I have purchased a BP Ser 1 CNC that has a AH HA upgrade on it. All systems function like they should. I bought it to upgrade to a centroid acorn board with the spindle speed controller for exact rpm. I want to keep the original stepper motors since they are working perfect. I only do R&D a couple parts at a time in aluminum. for you people that are pros in this field, would somebody please tell me if the acorn board will drive the steppers I have? Any info on my upgrade would be appreciated. I am not into speed on the cut, may only use the mill 1 or 2 a month, the exact measurement is what counts.
I do R&D and always need something made and there are very limited machine shops around these days.

I am interested in the Centroid Acorn board because it seems to do everything I need to do and the information they have on their website is pretty good, but if anybody has any better ideas please let me know!
Thanks Jim

Back