What's new
What's new

Brother B00 sub-programs above 9000

FreestateBoring

Plastic
I have a TC-22B-0 with a B00 control. Trying to transfer a couple sub-programs into the machine but it won't let me. I can transfer them with program numbers less than 8000, but not above 8000 or 9000. Fanucs have a 3202 parameter to lock edit of subs above 8000. Is there a similar thing with the B00 control. I didn't see anything in the user parameters that was obvious. Using Brother Comm 3.0 for file transfer.

Also question on the G100 for tool change. Is there a hidden sub-program for this? It is doing a reference return to X0, Y0 and I need to have it go to a different place to avoid collisions with the tools and fixtures. Is there a setting in the user parameters for tool change position or is that controlled by a secret G100 sub?

Completely new to Brother controls. Loading first test programs today and getting through all the bugs.

I have a TC-22B-0 with a B00 control. Trying to transfer a couple sub-programs into the machine but it won't let me. I can transfer them with program numbers less than 8000, but not above 8000 or 9000. Fanucs have a 3202 parameter to lock edit of subs above 8000. Is there a similar thing with the B00 control. I didn't see anything in the user parameters that was obvious. Using Brother Comm 3.0 for file transfer.

9000 programs can be protected using one of the F keys (F6 on C00) at the top of the screen. Edit > Directory > F6.

Thanks Couch, that worked for 8000 to 8999 programs, which will work for me. Looks like the B00 does not support 9000-9999? At least Brother Comm 3.0 does not. When I try and use a program above 9000 it says enter proper program number or something like that.

Make sure your keys are turned to the unlock/unprotected positions as well.

G100 tool change position is given by the XY command and it can either be a safe location or next movement position if you are aiming for quick chip to chip. R can be specified, where the retraction happens before XY movement. If no R is given, then the setting from user parameter is used instead (R is with length compensation and user parameter is machine coordinates IIRC).

Back