What's new
What's new

Brother speedio sister tool

civicske2

Aluminum
Hello,
Trying to figure out the best way to do a sister tooling on brother speedio.

the idea would be to use the build in tool life to set the amount of parts OR to use the tool breakage to trigger sistertool.

i dit it earlyer just bij putting the toolnumber in a variable witch changs as the tool is broken. but think maybe it could be done easyer

You can make groups of tools on your Speedio. One of the menu choices on your tool data menu is Tool Group. The way it is programmed is T901, H901, D901 for tool group 1, T902, H902, D902 for tool group 2 etc... You need to register the tools in the group and it is based on tool life, so it will use the first tool in the group until it's life is depleted then switch to next tool in group. You set tool length offset and diameter offset for each tool.

thanks for your reply. u got the docu on that? the goal is to detect a tap breakage and set another tap from there. toollife isnt realy known as its more depending from batch to batch of the material we got

Wondering if you got this working? I'm currently doing 8-17 hour cycles with P8999M98 tool break checks but no tool replacement so it will only alarm out. I need to set up variables also to skip the part the tool broke on. Luckily so far its running great and just replace tools at time/hole count intervals.

Back