What's new
What's new

C axis offset problem

Danube

Plastic
Dear All,

There is a Mazak Variaxis i500 CNC machine in our machine shop. As a result of collision, the C axis shift 3.5467 degree. From parameters M16, we try to arrange offset but we couldn't solve the problem. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

You're on the right track with M16 (assuming a Matrix or Smooth control machine), but the process to set it is easy to mess up if you don't know what you're doing. I would recommend talking to Mazak. If you were able to push the C out by that much, it's likely the other axes are off as well.

Thank you CNC Hacker,

We talked to Mazak local service. At first we try to solve the problem, if not we will invite them the machine shop. Because of current bad weather condition, it is a bit hard to travel nowadays.

Our control system is Smoothx. We can measure the shift in C axis by dial indicator but we can not manipulate it. The screen can be seen on the photo.M16_MAZAK_i500.jpg

Even we change the highlighted value, we can not shift C axis as required.

Are you re-homing the C axis after changing the M16 value? It may not take effect until you reboot the machine, it's been awhile since I've done one.

We tried but it doesn't work. Waiting for Mazak service. I will post here about the solution if we can find one. Thank you for the suggestions...

Back