What's new
What's new

Camworks (SolidWorks CAM) tool break check?

jj80909

Aluminum
I have a seat of SolidWorks and have been looking into using SolidWorks CAM (CamWorks) as an alternative to HSMWorks/Fusion360.

I am trying to figure out how to do a tool break check with our tool setting probe on our Haas. In HSMWorks, it is a simple check-box in the specific tool setup window (Break Control).

Where is this option in CamWorks (SolidWorks CAM)? I've looked in the operation parameters for the tool in question and also the tech database, but I don't see it.

Any help is a appreciated.

I'd rather ask here...maybe learn the best way to do it. I hate my VAR...they are idiots when it comes to CAM.

I'd rather ask here...maybe learn the best way to do it. I hate my VAR...they are idiots when it comes to CAM.
There would need to be an addition made to your post to give you a custom drop down on the posting tab in your operation dialogue.

The OP (anyone, really) needs to get up an running asap. Obviously a post tweak is the most desirable but while he is waiting for a VAR to adjust his post, can one of you guys give him the tool check code so he can insert into his program?

Thanks for the replies. I'll have to either work with my VAR or dig into the PP with CamWorks UPG-2 / EC Edit software.

For now, I can just manually editing posts and add the single G65 line to check the tool:

G65 P9613 T__ H__

Back