What's new
What's new

CAMWORKS Tool path issue

Bfife

Plastic
Hi all, I’m new here. I work for a company in Florida and we machine most of our products. We use CAMWORKS and it is frustrating at times . I’m having an issue with tool path. On my latest tapered part I used a z level strategy with a helical pattern. I let the program grab a default tool and generated the tool path. It selected a flat end mill and had very nice tool path. I changed to a ball mill and the tool path went from nice even z levels to curved uneven layers with lots of rapids. Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi all, I’m new here. I work for a company in Florida and we machine most of our products. We use CAMWORKS and it is frustrating at times . I’m having an issue with tool path. On my latest tapered part I used a z level strategy with a helical pattern. I let the program grab a default tool and generated the tool path. It selected a flat end mill and had very nice tool path. I changed to a ball mill and the tool path went from nice even z levels to curved uneven layers with lots of rapids. Any ideas on how to correct this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Can you share the file or post some screen shots?

Back