What's new
What's new

Can anyone identify these?

Ritter-Here

Plastic
A friend's family member passed away, he gave me a box of tooling but didn't know what anything was, I've identified everything else but have no idea on these. This is my first post here, so if i placed it in the wrong spot or did anything else wrong please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20221216_152120.jpg
    20221216_152120.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 143
I'm pretty sure the two items at the bottom are "fingers" for use on a tool&cutter grinder. The three dark things at the top look like shop-made squares or spacers. The thing on the far right is a center, I would guess also for use on a T&C grinder dead center, but it's just one piece of a complete center assembly.

[Added in edt] SVE Performance types faster than I do.

qT sve (The bottom two items are Cincinnati TC cutter grinder finger assemblies.)
With having a dial micrometer feed, often one would center the finger with the amount of adjustment meant for desired tooth lip clearance, then drop the finger and cutter lip that amount below center to get the clearance on the periphery/OD of the cutter.
with using ...cutter dia x clearance desire x 9
3" cutter x 7* clearance x 9 = drop= .189"

Thanks everyone! Looks to be all stuff i will never use, if anyone has a use for them let me know. Thanks again for the information!

A handy finger design is a double hump at the finger end..The high nub to over lap the cutter Od and the lower to bump on the cutter face. This helps to avoid the cutter face angle trying to walk the finger contact from the set position.

I think that the middle part is a support shaft for a large cutter radius attachment for a Cincinnati Monoset cuttergrinder.
I found an image for one for a new Monaset clone.
I don't have the one for my original Monoset but do have the ofset bracket that fits on the end .
The holes in the bracket are 3/4" dia. so that should correspond to the left hand end of of your part if it is for a Monoset.
The tapered end if it fits a Monoset should be the same as a #40 Milling machine taper .
The cap nut on the Monoset spindle would hold it in .
you can see the original Monoset collet and other tool holder setup here on page 25
I couldn't find an image of this part in there .
I have attached some pictures from my old machine.
I don't have the part like yours but have never needed it but maybe some other monoset owners could use it if in fact that is what you have there.

Attachments

• MonasetPage6.jpg
    MonasetPage6.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2271.JPG
    IMG_2271.JPG
    950.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    844.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2274.JPG
    IMG_2274.JPG
    950.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2275.JPG
    IMG_2275.JPG
    932.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2273.JPG
    IMG_2273.JPG
    772.5 KB · Views: 8
I think that the middle part is a support shaft for a large cutter radius attachment for a Cincinnati Monoset cuttergrinder.
I found an image for one for a new Monaset clone.
I don't have the one for my original Monoset but do have the ofset bracket that fits on the end .
The holes in the bracket are 3/4" dia. so that should correspond to the left hand end of of your part if it is for a Monoset.
The tapered end if it fits a Monoset should be the same as a #40 Milling machine taper .
The cap nut on the Monoset spindle would hold it in .
you can see the original Monoset collet and other tool holder setup here on page 25
I couldn't find an image of this part in there .
I have attached some pictures from my old machine.
I don't have the part like yours but have never needed it but maybe some other monoset owners could use it if in fact that is what you have there.
Thanks for the detailed reply! It does look like that's probably what it is....

Back