What's new
What's new

Cardinal Cad Cam system

lukeduke1

Plastic
Hi, I have a 1986 Bridgeport milling machine with a Cardinal Cad Cam System, nobody seems to know anything about this system, I contacted the guy who used to sell the Cardinal system I was able to get the centroid software from him but he had no idea how the computer was to communicate with the motion controller, and he is the only one that sold these apparently. There will be pictures attached to this, what I have is a windows Vista computer which is compatible to the software, windows xp, windows 7 also compatible. There is a 25 pin connector that plugs into the motion controller and on the other end of that cord is a 9 pin connector, there are no examples I can find, what am I missing? A break out board? What would the 9 pin connector plug into? I’m trying to get it to communicate with my computer. There is also a start stop button right on the front of the quill and two wires that lead from it I have no idea what it would hook to. It’s a pretty nice machine yet and I have no idea how to get it going, any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Back