What's new
What's new

carroll-jamieson lathe

sourdoughme

Aluminum
I just acquired a C-J lathe, 10" x 10 foot bed. 1910 patent date, probably an early 20's machine that had been line shaft but converted to single phase with a mechanical clutch.

Googling didn't turn up much info on C-J except and old post from Dirty Old Man, member #5804. There was some discussion that seemed to indicate another member or two may own/have info on C-J lates. Searching archives hasn't shown anything, though.

Seeking sources of info and help, please!

Dirty Old Man, please sign in...

Dave

Well Dave, here I am, but about the only help I can offer on that model CJ is the link to the outfit that handles their spare parts, etc.
http://www.dcmorrison.com/ not sure about that / that showed up on the end of my copy and paste.
Unsure how much help they can be on one that old, though.
You should find the serial # before you contact them. On mine it's between the v-way and the flat-way front side on the tailstock end of the machine.
Tony's UK lathe site doesn't even list the CJ, IIRC.
Good luck,
Dave

Dave,
I have one too, but mine is a gear head of about 1940 vintage. Also mine is 16 x 36 between centers. There are two or three members here with C-J lathes. Menace, Old_Dave and Lumpsmith, to name a few. Nice lathe, in my opinion (but I'm prejudiced!)
Dan

Back