What's new
What's new

Ceramic plasma cutting table "slats"

Rubbermaid tubs don't have slats. He's talking about an impromptu cut bench, in this context.

Programmed via Mazatrol

Yes, I know.
So without slats, the part has to SPAN all the way across the tub.

Your the one that brought the grate into this conversation.

Honest to god, I don't know which is worse in the vast majority of things-

To Overthink or to Underthink

Programmed via Mazatrol

Cole, I agree.

I do understand how it is common and and a trap to overcomplicate things or attempt to improve on the simple time-proven simple solutions to a lot of problems. Though, occasionally, by thinking outside the box, real advances are made.

But, it escapes me how someone can suggest overthinking a problem is likely to lead to trouble. I would suggest that a lack of thought leads to trouble far more often than too much thinking! Every time I see the term “overthinking” used as above on this forum, I cringe a bit.

Denis

Cole, I agree.

I do understand how it is common and and a trap to overcomplicate things or attempt to improve on the simple time-proven simple solutions to a lot of problems. Though, occasionally, by thinking outside the box, real advances are made.

But, it escapes me how someone can suggest overthinking a problem is likely to lead to trouble. I would suggest that a lack of thought leads to trouble far more often than too much thinking! Every time I see the term “overthinking” used as above on this forum, I cringe a bit.

Denis

In my experience, over thinking can lead to analysis paralysis and then nothing gets accomplished. Nothing may or may not be worse than something.

You're probably correct, underthinking is probably the larger source of error.

Programmed via Mazatrol

My buddy has a Rubbermaid shop cart. The top forms a shallow box. He has two or three inches of sand in the box. When cutting, he puts in about an inch of water. He puts workpieces across the top, or puts a grate across the top and the part on standoffs above the grate. To ground a workpiece, clamp it down with a piece of sheet copper clamped so it hangs off the edge. Bend the copper strap so it hangs straight down and hook your ground clamp to that.

You can store the plastic cart out in the weather. It will never rust.

Reread the post.

Programmed via Mazatrol

I did.... please note the word "Or" ....or didn't you see that word sir ?

So how doo you hold pieces smaller than the tub ?

Just get a smaller tub. Duh.

I'll have a variety of different size plastic carts full of sand lined up next to the plasma cutter. If they're still too big, I'll switch to Tupperware.

Back