What's new
What's new

Cheapish Vevor Oil skimmer

604Pook

Hot Rolled
First off, I don't make any $ off this link or from Vevor, however I needed an oil skimmer and bought this belt one. Just wanted to share in case anyone else needed one that was reasonably priced.

Its working very well for me for the past month running in my Fadal's coolant tank. I had to make my own brackets as this model is for a deeper tank, but that wasn't hard. I also made it portable so i can use it to clean the lathes coolant tank as well.

Bought this Skimmer and it came missing the power cord bolts for the brackets and the hose clamps. If it had been just the bolts and clamps I would not have worried. I contacted them about it and about 10 days later the missing items came. Website was a pain in the ass to contact them it required pictures to send the complaint and I had to re enter information about 5 times.
Plugged it in and the belt goes the wrong way. Contacted them again they responded asking for a video. Every response is a day or 2 after I contact or reply. A couple of days after I sent the video I got a response telling me that I needed to rewire the Skimmer. Just I have to reverse some wires No direction as to which wires. Electrical box does not look like it meets code especially for something that could get wet.
Replied I wanted to return and have not had any response. If you want a Skimmer kit maybe buy this.

Bought this Skimmer and it came missing the power cord bolts for the brackets and the hose clamps. If it had been just the bolts and clamps I would not have worried. I contacted them about it and about 10 days later the missing items came. Website was a pain in the ass to contact them it required pictures to send the complaint and I had to re enter information about 5 times.
Plugged it in and the belt goes the wrong way. Contacted them again they responded asking for a video. Every response is a day or 2 after I contact or reply. A couple of days after I sent the video I got a response telling me that I needed to rewire the Skimmer. Just I have to reverse some wires No direction as to which wires. Electrical box does not look like it meets code especially for something that could get wet.
Replied I wanted to return and have not had any response. If you want a Skimmer kit maybe buy this.
That's to bad, mine is still working great. I did buy mine through Amazon though...

Back