What's new
What's new

Check my code please

Cycle1000

Cast Iron
Sometimes you have 10 gal of Sherwin William Tile Clad epoxy that has sat for so long you cant drive a stir stick in.
So this is what I have come up with so far.
I think I have the horsepower to drill with one shot instead of pecking. But the peck might be better for stirring. I cant find the proper speeds on the chart..no epoxy listed...I will wing it.
Also thinking about changing the R value to a negative number to minimize paint flip.
I have a little more tool hangout than I would like but the paint store looked at me funny when I asked his thoughts.
I also am going to try with no coolant. (fingers crossed)
Workholding, these are real heavy so none for the first gallon. Maybe mighty bites around the base.. cut some soft jaws?
This is of course concrete paint so instead of those plastic chips for grip maybe now would be the time to dump in some alum chips..I mean they are right there. Would provide good footing, safety first.
I spindle probed the can but the table tool setter seemed overkill..not to mention the tool change was a bit hairy.
If you have a macro for this type of operation please share.
Any thoughts are appreciated. :cheers:
%
G17 G40 G80 G90
(Project paint stir)
T1 M6
S11999 M3
G0 G90 G54 X0.0 Y0.0
G43 Z1. H1 M9
G83 G98 X0.0 Y0.0 Z-8. Q0.05 R0.1 F8.8
G80
G0 G49 G90 Z0 M9
G28 G91 Y0 Z0
M30
%

0752.jpg

Glad to see you thought of the cardboard under the can. Raises the coefficient of friction substantially over metal on metal. Can rotation in operations like this are counterproductive.

I think he should put it on a trunnion just to make sure he gets all the tight spots in the can. 45° 11000 RPM should work out great thats what I do when I use a CNC to mix epoxy. And it's not hard on the machine at all, I mean who doesn't have paint/epoxy covering the entire inside of their enclosure? Duh?

R

Florida, figures! Been smokin' them bath salts again?

At least the code looks good. Make a video if you can, be sure to include the part when the boss finds out what you're up to. Have fun.

You should put some of the hardener on the cardboard. That way when just a teeny bit of epoxy spills over the sides it'll harden and you won't have to worry about work holding anymore.

All excellent reply's..I really like the air blast idea. :) maybe next time. New machine inbound means new paint on the floor.
I killed the 18v drill battery trying to stir this up so..I wussed out and let it run @50rpm for a hour :Yawn:

Back