What's new
What's new

CIMCO opening on wrong monitor

Matt@RFR

Titanium
This is a small gripe, but it happens multiple times a day and by the end of the day, it is infuriating...

I'm using CIMCO Edit 7.00.42 that came with Mastercam X9 on Windows 10 Pro. I like to have CIMCO open on my left monitor and CAD/CAM on the right monitor.

CIMCO used to open on my left monitor, which I thought was just because that's where it was when it was last closed. Now it opens on my right monitor no matter what. It's the same whether I post code from Mastercam and it opens automatically, or if I open it manually.

Is there a way to force a program to open on a certain monitor, or to open on the monitor it was last used on?

CIMCO used to open on my left monitor, which I thought was just because that's where it was when it was last closed.
I think that's how windows applications should behave. Are you closing it from a maximized window or a reduced window, or both?

You can, just search the net.
Things like this Windows learns.
This usually works better if you move the program to the monitor you want.
drag it to full size, but do NOT maximize it.
Then close it.
Upon re-opening it should be good.

Last edited:
I think that's how windows applications should behave. Are you closing it from a maximized window or a reduced window, or both?
Maximized, but I'll try closing from a reduced size tomorrow. I'll also try other programs to see if it's only CIMCO.

Maximized, but I'll try closing from a reduced size tomorrow. I'll also try other programs to see if it's only CIMCO.
Windows controls this, not cimco, and not video driver software.
Does work better with non maximized

Back