What's new
What's new

cincinati bickford 3a radial arm drill

deere

Plastic
I just got this radial arm drill does anyone know anything about this drill? I know it is old but I don't know how old. also looking for a operator's manual.

I called gidding and lewis and they told me the model # and ser. # were on the end of the arm. they said it would have been made early 1900's . they said that was all they could tell me . the rest of there records were trashed . I have a operators manual for a 1922 fostic radial arm drill and it looks alot like it . there is a tag with the name of the company that sold it mutch & merryweather machiney co. and there is a brass tag with cincinnati bickford on it and there is one little tag with 677 on it no words just the # on it I would assumesume that it was machiney # from someones factory. all thease tags are brass. I've scaraped , wire wheeled,
wire bushed, and sandblasted and thats all the #,s I could find on it.

it looks like you got that covered. My SN books don't have any referece to it. Does it have a base mounted motor? That would be a line shaft conversion and probably indicate a model from before the 30's although machines designed for line shafts were made into the 30's and later, they were designs from much earlier. Sorry I couldn't help.

yes it is a old line shaft machine some one converted. but they didn't put the motor on the base they put it on the arm and on top of the collum . I would have put the motor on the base and thats what I'm trying to do but it looks like I'm missing some parts . I can most likely make them if I know what I'm making.

Back