What's new
What's new

Cincinnati cinedo310-14 Gear

Hi i have a cincinnati cinedo 310-14 i halfed the gear ratio(max then 1800 now780ish) at the back to make it phase converter friendly but when i started cutting it jumped out of gear an is only getting a max of about 100rpm but its in die 780rpm detent any help would be appreciated ?thank you in advance

Are you running the main spindle motor at half speed? If so, you might not be developing enough hydraulic pressure to completely shift the gears in the column, which would allow them to jump out of engagement under load.

There's a procedure and specifications in the factory manual for testing the hydraulic pressure at a port on the left side of the knee.

Are you running the main spindle motor at half speed? If so, you might not be developing enough hydraulic pressure to completely shift the gears in the column, which would allow them to jump out of engagement under load.

There's a procedure and specifications in the factory manual for testing the hydraulic pressure at a port on the left side of the knee.
Pressure is good it just made a nock noise the first time i got it working and never got high gear again

Sounds like the gear box is stuck in one of the lower gears. Fortunately, it's a cartridge type design, so the entire gear selector assembly comes out as a unit, if that's what needs to be done.

What was the hydraulic pressure at the test port?

Back