What's new
What's new

Cincinnati cinel 202-12 feed and power feed questions

Art bobb

Plastic
I just purchased a very used cinel 202-12 mill. The feed motor is on the right side. Manual feeds all work , but power feeds don’t. The feed motor works. Then I’m stuck. Don’t know what the directional hydraulic valve does. Where to check first.
Also trying to add a photo to this post but don’t know how

The way I understand it, a cinel 202-12 is essentially a Toolmaster column and head, with secondary spindle on back of overarm. While the knee is a 2ML, for a larger table and power feed on all axis.

If you post a serial number maybe we can figure out which year it is. Guessing mid 1960's.

If you sort this manual list by pub date, it can help. I dont see a 202-12, but maybe from the Toolmaster publications, and the 2ML we can figure it out:
Cincinnati Milling Machine Co. (Milacron) - Publication Reprints | VintageMachinery.org

I look for a link on posting pics, then link it here.

Art -

I have one of these - and a couple threads on here about it. Like Texas said, it is a Toolmaster head on another column. From everything I have been able to find out there was only an operator manual made for it. Maintenance wise you have to use a Toolmaster manual for the 1D head. Column/knee/saddle/table is actually from a Cinel 60 mill. The Cinel 60 is a follow on to the 2ML series so there are a lot of similarities.

Not to insult you - but maybe you are having the same problem I did. For any of the power feeds to operate you have to have the spindle under power - there are interlocks. The motor comes on with the main power switch but for any movement to occur the tool spindle needs to be turning. I'm guessing designed to prevent a crash.

I just got the table back on my machine this week - supposed to rain this Monday so maybe I can actually get it finished up. The latest thread with my latest fun with this guy is at Toolmaster 1D Variable Drive and Quill Feed Questions

I have a few other threads on it - and there are a couple other guys who have threads about their machines. Not real common but have a good reputation.

Holler if you have any more questions. I'm becoming more knowledgeable on this critter with a lot of assistance from several great people on here.

Dale

That's a great little thread you got going there. Looking forward to the updates. :cheers:
Thanks for both post. I see 2ml is exact or very close to what I have. I started machine and tried feeds with the spindle running. No change there. I will continue to work on this. My son will help me on how to post pictures. For now I will try to understand what engages the feeds. I would like to understand more before starting to take anything apart. I do have a pdf file of Cincinnati 2ml 2mi and 3 machine. I will read more. Thanks for you helpful posts.
I’m still learning on this website. Also wonder if anyone posted videos of disassembly of this or 2ml

Cincinnati Cinel 60 205-12

Thanks for both post. I see 2ml is exact or very close to what I have. I started machine and tried feeds with the spindle running. No change there. I will continue to work on this. My son will help me on how to post pictures. For now I will try to understand what engages the feeds. I would like to understand more before starting to take anything apart. I do have a pdf file of Cincinnati 2ml 2mi and 3 machine. I will read more. Thanks for you helpful posts.
I’m still learning on this website. Also wonder if anyone posted videos of disassembly of this or 2ml

I had the same problem you had with your machine....first off you have to make sure the motor in the back is turning the Right direction.....and the pump motor on the lower right also....both of mine were but the hydraulic feeds wouldnt work....locate the hydraulic Solenoid valve on the right side....with the spindle running on the front face of the solenoid valve there is a 3/8 hole...take a Phillip's screw driver and put it into the hole and push in on the solenoid valve manually opening the Solenoid valve...while holding in on the screwdriver try your feeds......they should work now......I didnt know where to find another valve so I took off that cover and tapped it for a bolt that I screw in to hold the solenoid in bypassing the factory stuff.....I know this sounds half assed but I've got my feeds working now.....you just dont ever for whatever reason shut off your spindle while the table is feeding or bad things will happen....the hydraulics are powerful......I know theres a better way to possibly do this but I'm making chips and didnt have to try and find expensive parts......hope this helps you out

Back