What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Press Brake - Cylinder repair AF135

tonyflrb

Plastic
Hello,

We have a Cinnanti Press Brake AF135 (from 1990 upgraded to Win8 I believe) that was moved from USA to MEX, 2 yeas ago. It came with a left cylinder leaking, but working. Later last year started to present some issues while bending so we decided to rebuild/repair the cylinder leak. I quoted the repair and that was around 17K. So I started to look for a local service and found one, which never heard before around the area, so we sent the cylinder.

Cylinder came back and installed. Filled with the hydraulic fluid and tried to purge. Everything seems to work as is was not leaking anymore. The problem is when it tries to calibrate, once it retracts to top, it never go down/extend. I can make it go down by opening the bleed valve, and make it retracts, but seems it never go down/extend.
We check for wiring and signal seems to be sending to the solenoids. Is there something else we should check on? I appreciate your suggestions, Thanks.

Seems like something was installed wrong. Seems like your fluid passage is being blocked when the unit retracts fully.

On my 230 ton Cincinnati, which is all manual, I don't have it go all the way up to calibrate to the switches. If I do, the pump screams for mercy.

Seems like something was installed wrong. Seems like your fluid passage is being blocked when the unit retracts fully.
I have to agree!

Without knowing your cylinders specifically, many hydraulic cylinders have cushions, or stops inside, it's possible those were installed wrong. This could lead to complete blockage of the ports at one end of the stroke or the other. Also check and safety valves can be trouble if incorrectly assembled.

If possible remove it from the machine and operate it from another, manually controlled pump system to check operation.

Back