What's new
What's new

Cincinnati "special capacity" steady rest up for auction

Elwood1968

Cast Iron
I'm not sure if this steady rest fits a Tray Top or a Hydrashift, but it sure looks like a Cincinnati lathe steady, and is possibly one of the "special capacity" large versions, maybe for a mid-sized lathe such as a 15" or 18"?

Too big for my Hydrashift, but steadies for Cincy lathes are relatively rare, the oversize ones especially so. Someone on here must have a lathe that needs this?

The auction ends on 10-Nov.

Screen Shot 2021-11-05 at 5.59.57 AM.jpg

Lot of Misc, Vises, Steady Rest, Hoist - BTM Industrial

I'm not sure if this steady rest fits a Tray Top or a Hydrashift, but it sure looks like a Cincinnati lathe steady, and is possibly one of the "special capacity" large versions, maybe for a mid-sized lathe such as a 15" or 18"?

Too big for my Hydrashift, but steadies for Cincy lathes are relatively rare, the oversize ones especially so. Someone on here must have a lathe that needs this?

The auction ends on 10-Nov.

View attachment 333826

Lot of Misc, Vises, Steady Rest, Hoist - BTM Industrial
I recently acquired a Tray-Top 18 X 72 and would be interested in the steady rest of you still have it. The length on the bottom needs to be nine inches.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike, as Gordon observed, my post was in regards to an auction listing from November of last year. I didn't bid on the lot, so don't own the steady rest, and have no idea what happened to it. It hasn't re-surfaced here or on eBay that I've seen.

Ok. Thanks. I realized after I asked about it that it was an auction. Just got excited! It's probably on its way to China to be reincarnated into a trinket.

Back