What's new
What's new

Cincinnati Tray top half nut 18x42

70olds

Aluminum
Hello All,
I have acquired a Cincinnati tray top 18x42 from a friends dad's business for next to nothing. It actually seems to run pretty well. The only issues I have identified so far are that the clutch mechanism has a bit of a rattle when it's not engaged and the half nut is completely missing. The clutch thing isn't a big deal (unless you guys with experience tell me it's a ticking timebomb). Do you know of any viable sources for parts for these machines, or a manual that would give the part number? I can always make a new nut I suppose on the machines at work but I would love to at least have an idea of what it's supposed to look like. Thanks. speeds.jpgfront.jpg

The part number for the half nut (upper and lower halves, English) for an 18" swing Tray Top lathe is 600603. The half nut for a metric lathe is 600602. But finding one new will be just short of a miracle.

Cincinnati Lathe & Tool manual T-107 should have all of the information you need. I have a PDF copy of T-107-3, and can email it to you - just PM me your email address.

The clutch should not be rattling. Something is missing, loose, or worn, and parts for the Pullmore clutch/brake are also very difficult or impossible to find. You'll probably want to examine it before too long to prevent more serious damage. I have a service manual for the clutch and can also email that one to you.

Back