What's new
What's new

Clausing Metosa CNC/manual backup battery question

lin842

Aluminum
I bought this Clausing/ Metosa, 17/45 toolroom lathe last summer and it's been sitting in the shop since and not powered up. I just thought about this and was wondering how long the backup battery will stay alive before everything is lost. This is a CNC/manual machine that I was kind of talked into buying with a lot of the details left out when I bought it. To begin with it runs on 480v which I don't have in the shop. I have a phase converter but at this point I don't want to spend the extra money to buy a transformer and have somebody run wiring to it and get it running. I've already decided that I'm not going to keep it because I know at my age, I don't have enough time left to learn CNC. I had a guy that was going to help me out with it but he left shortly after the machine came in. I know I'll never get out what I have in this thing and now with this battery thing probably all I have left is a big expensive paper weight.
I guess my question is, is there any way to get power to the backup battery without spending 5 or 6 thousand dollars doing it, and will it ever be possible to get back what is lost if the battery is dead?

Just a follow-up question. How long will a CNC control backup battery last when disconnected from a power source before it loses everything?

Back