What's new
What's new

Clear tool table macro?

cc22288

Aluminum
Hi all,
I'm trying to write a macro that can auto populate my tool table with values from a tool height pre-setter. I'd like for it to first clear the tool table so no old values are left over. Is there a quick simple way to do this? If not, I would guess that writing a sub that clears one tool out and looping it advancing one value each time would be the way to do it. Thoughts?
Thanks

You're kind of asking for two separate things. Populating the tool height / diameter variables will automatically overwrite anything that is already there. If you also want any unused tools to be set to zero during this process, just update those tools as zero while updating your used tools to whatever numbers you need.

The macro variables you need for this are:
#1601 - #1800 Tool Flute Count
#2001 - #2200 Tool Length
#2201 - #2400 Tool Length Wear
#2401 - #2600 Tool Diameter
#2601 - #2800 Tool Diameter Wear
#3401 - #3600 P-Cool position

Here's how I do it. Obviously you need to record your numbers from your presetter and/or your previous run of parts (wear offsets), this program will dump everything in to the tool table. I have it to set all tool lengths to 4" untill you change that to the numbers from your presetter... you just don't want a tool length to get set to zero by mistake. Crash city. I store this program with the job and it gets updated after every run, so the wear offsets we had at the end of the last job is what the job gets setup with the next time.

This is a modified version of the program I use. Use at your own risk. I had to rename the file .txt to upload here.

Attachments

• TOOL SETTING - HAAS MOD PM 1.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 9
You're kind of asking for two separate things. Populating the tool height / diameter variables will automatically overwrite anything that is already there. If you also want any unused tools to be set to zero during this process, just update those tools as zero while updating your used tools to whatever numbers you need.

The macro variables you need for this are:
#1601 - #1800 Tool Flute Count
#2001 - #2200 Tool Length
#2201 - #2400 Tool Length Wear
#2401 - #2600 Tool Diameter
#2601 - #2800 Tool Diameter Wear
#3401 - #3600 P-Cool position

Here's how I do it. Obviously you need to record your numbers from your presetter and/or your previous run of parts (wear offsets), this program will dump everything in to the tool table. I have it to set all tool lengths to 4" untill you change that to the numbers from your presetter... you just don't want a tool length to get set to zero by mistake. Crash city. I store this program with the job and it gets updated after every run, so the wear offsets we had at the end of the last job is what the job gets setup with the next time.

This is a modified version of the program I use. Use at your own risk. I had to rename the file .txt to upload here.
Thanks for this!

Back