What's new
What's new

Combining programs

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.

Not sure on versions, but one of the 'enhanced' plug-ins for Notepad seems to have made the code unloadable into my Fadal. It was a thing that added colors to make the code easier to read. No idea why, couldn't figure out how to fix it. Had to retype the whole thing in another window.

My retyped file wouldn't load either, but it was a typo that was not in the first one. I think an '1' instead of an 'I' on an arc command. Dumb ....

May have been something else completely unrelated. Was going to save multiple 'versions' and see if it would repeat.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I know how o copy and paste. What I'm wanting to know is how to make the "N" line numbers be correct, or does it matter?
I only use N numbers at toolchanges. In addition to making the programs considerably smaller, it makes it much easier to edit if needed, and to search in the program. That said, if you use the M98, the line numbers don't need to be changed.

I only use N numbers at toolchanges. In addition to making the programs considerably smaller, it makes it much easier to edit if needed, and to search in the program. That said, if you use the M98, the line numbers don't need to be changed.
I eliminated N numbers at every line and did this as well. My N number matches my tool number. If its T10 it posts out a N10, makes searching a little easier to search for N10 rather than search T10 twice to get to the tool change.

Sorry, should have been more clear. I know how o copy and paste. What I'm wanting to know is how to make the "N" line numbers be correct, or does it matter?
My Cimco Editor has a renumber option, but see above. I would eliminate the N numbers besides at tool changes.

Back