What's new
What's new

Combining X/Z and Y Offsets Pages

Is there a way to get the Y-axis offsets onto the same page as the X/Z/R/T offsets? Currently, the control uses a different page to display and adjust Y offsets, which can be a bit cumbersome to access. Of course, I'm hoping there's a simple parameter switch to permit me to make this change, but it may be hoping for too much. Another option I'd happily consider would be putting the Y-offsets page on the vertical softkey menu on the right side of the screen; however, I've been unable to figure out the screen number to enter into the parameter. This video here has a great walkthrough of adjusting these parameters and Derek states that 118 will bring up the Y-axis screen, though not in his case, since his machine shows Y-axis offsets on the main screen, which is exactly how I'd like it done. Unfortunately, setting any of the available softkeys to 118 returns the same result Derek got-just a blank softkey position.

Machine is a Takisawa LA250YS with a Fanuc 32i - Model B control. I purchased the machine used about a year and a half ago, and don't have Fanuc manuals for the control.

Thanks in advance for advice.

BE CAREFUL.
There's a reason why the control is set like that from the factory.
You'll need a little extra care in entering/changing offsets as you could make a mistake easily.
Most folk are used to only seeing X and Z in the lathe offset table.

Parameter #3208.4 (labeled OFY), change it to a 1.
Thanks so much! Exactly what I wanted, makes setup so much easier and faster. Pic attached for anyone who wants to try this out and wants to know what happens ahead of time. PXL_20230826_025036026.jpgReally appreciate the help, dcrace.

BE CAREFUL.
There's a reason why the control is set like that from the factory.
You'll need a little extra care in entering/changing offsets as you could make a mistake easily.
Most folk are used to only seeing X and Z in the lathe offset table.
I appreciate the warning. I'm a one-man shop so I'm the only one to blame if a mistake is made :)

Though I've ran 5 Y axis lathes (at the day job before starting out on my own) this is the first one with the Y offsets tucked away elsewhere. The idea this was an intentional design and not just a "Oh, let's tack Y offsets onto a control we've already designed" situation never really occurred to me.

I appreciate the warning. I'm a one-man shop so I'm the only one to blame if a mistake is made :)

Though I've ran 5 Y axis lathes (at the day job before starting out on my own) this is the first one with the Y offsets tucked away elsewhere. The idea this was an intentional design and not just a "Oh, let's tack Y offsets onto a control we've already designed" situation never really occurred to me.
I worked for a MTB (Doosan) for years, and they were squeamish about Y axis offsets on the same page. That's why I mentioned it.
Congrats on going out on your own! That's what I did, too.

Back