What's new
What's new

Couple of the nicest spin fixtures and Kennedy's that you will ever see. for sale

p-moon

Aluminum
Haven't posted anything for sale on here in quite a while, but I have a few items that I need to get out of the garage. These are ultra clean and in near perfect condition. They aren't cheap, but they sure are nice.

And, yes I have contributed today.

1. Stack of Kennedy boxes, #278 base cabinet, #526 top box, and the matching 2 drawer riser. They were stored in an unheated building and exhibit some very minor storage wear, a very slight bit of surface rust, but look at the pictures of the drawers. There may never have been anything in them. Cleanest I have ever seen. Recent eBay sales on these: #278 $600, $526 $370, riser $218. NONE of these are as nice as the ones I have. Thinking $1100 for the whole stack.

2. A Kennedy 5D small parts drawer cabinet in about the same condition. There are a couple of light coffee cup rings on top, drawers are ultra clean. Recent eBay sale at $249, I'm thinking $220 for this one

3. Harig Lectric Centers in absolutely pristine condition. I suppose it has been used, but this guy was even more careful that I was. Even the base plate shows nothing, and I didn't even try to clean it up. New price on this is $6000, two recent eBay sales at $2000 but nowhere near as nice as this one. Comes in a nearly perfect condition original case. How about $2250 for the nicest spin fixture you will ever see.

4. Another Kennedy 5D not quite as nice $150

5. Lastly a Harig AB 5C collet indexer. Well, not really a Harig, but actually made by AB company before selling out to Harig. This thing looks absolutely NEW. Not a grind mark, scratch, paint chip, nick, ding, nothing. Base plate is perfect and these are cast iron, not heat treated steel. Recent eBay sale at $1695 that is Nowhere as nice as this one. How about $1850, and that does indeed include the motor, belt, and collet nut.IMG_1209.jpgIMG_1211.jpgIMG_1215.jpgIMG_1193.jpgIMG_1199.jpgIMG_1168.jpgIMG_1164.jpgIMG_1217.jpgIMG_1220.jpgIMG_1180.jpg

Please ask for more pics if you would like them, I have lots. Everything CAN be shipped. Let me know if there is any interest.

Thanx,

Pat

574-292-0824

Think that I mentioned the surface rust. There is also some chrome flaking off the handle, but overall, these are pretty nice.

Think that I mentioned the surface rust. There is also some chrome flaking off the handle, but overall, these are pretty nice.

So they're ultra clean and in near perfect condition except for a bunch of rust?

They look like they could have been real nice if they were stored properly. They definitely were not so you're definitely not getting top dollar for them regardless of how "ultra clean" you claim they are.

So they're ultra clean and in near perfect condition except for a bunch of rust?

They look like they could have been real nice if they were stored properly. They definitely were not so you're definitely not getting top dollar for them regardless of how "ultra clean" you claim they are.
"Harig Lectric Centers in absolutely pristine condition."
So what is the condition of the spin fixtures really ?

Another listing where the usuals up in penis gallery feel compelled to give their 2 cents.
The OP noted the rust issues from less than ideal storage and provided good pics, yet they post to note the rust from improper storage. :rolleyes5:

Ya know, you are just driving sellers to ebay where the buyer will ending up paying more and sellers don't have to put up with such jackassery.

...and this is a bad thing how ?

Well it is a good thing if you own ebay stock, a bad thing if you want viable alternatives to buying/selling on ebay without the fees, sales taxes, higher costs and ebay controlling what you can and can't sell, do or say.

I have a question for you.
What positive result did your remark questioning the condition of the spin fixtures achieve?

Another listing where the usuals up in penis gallery feel compelled to give their 2 cents.
The OP noted the rust issues from less than ideal storage and provided good pics, yet they post to note the rust from improper storage. :rolleyes5:

Ya know, you are just driving sellers to ebay where the buyer will ending up paying more and sellers don't have to put up with such jackassery.

LOL

The OP says

These are ultra clean and in near perfect condition. They aren't cheap, but they sure are nice.

Maybe you need either your eyesight checked, new glasses, or half a brain. In no way in this universe are the tool boxes with the rust they have could be considered in near perfect condition.

You could spend some time and clean up the rust sure, but not at that price.

LOL

The OP says

These are ultra clean and in near perfect condition. They aren't cheap, but they sure are nice.

Maybe you need either your eyesight checked, new glasses, or half a brain. In no way in this universe are the tool boxes with the rust they have could be considered in near perfect condition.

You could spend some time and clean up the rust sure, but not at that price.

You have to look at the overall condition of these USED items. A new Kennedy 526B is almost $800 list.
They don't look bent, beat up, sagging drawers, scratched up, missing large areas of paint, knobs, blistering rust below the paint (5D pics do show some of that), etc.
Instead you are focusing on 2 small latches that look rusted (OP said handles too), probably functional and could be replaced if wanted.

And you can't 'clean up' a finish where the base metal below has rusted below that finish. You can remove the rust and repaint, re plate or replace it.
Rubbing steel wool doesn't magically make long ago flaked away chrome/nickel return back from where it went and refuse to the base metal.

Not sure if these are the latches required, but...
87596-Center_Side-Catch-Repl-600x600-300x300.png

..... you sour old hens are squawking over $15 of less than perfect/Brand New.
:rolleyes5:

Last edited:
...a bad thing if you want viable alternatives to buying/selling on ebay without the fees, sales taxes, higher costs and ebay controlling what you can and can't sell, do or say.
IMHO, when one buys something on this forum (vs. eBay or Craig's List), he expects that the fellow seller gives a complete and truthful description of the item's condition specifically mentioning all problems or shortcomings. I don't think we need or appreciate superlatives like "ultra clean", "near perfect", "cleanest I have ever seen"(which may be true), and my favorite "nicest you will ever see". If we want to hear superlatives instead of complete truth, we can always go to eBay or a used car lot.

Unreasonable expectation? I hope not. :)

Last edited:
IMHO, when one buys something on this forum (vs. eBay or Craig's List), he expects that the fellow seller gives a complete and truthful description of the item's condition specifically mentioning all problems or shortcomings. I don't think we need or appreciate superlatives like "ultra clean", "near perfect", "cleanest I have ever seen"(which may be true), and my favorite "nicest you will ever see". If we want to hear superlatives instead of complete truth, we can always go to eBay or a used car lot.

Unreasonable expectation? I hope not. :)

Reading the description and looking at the pictures I believe the seller provided an honest description of what he is selling. Obviously one's opinion on condition is subjective.

He noted the rust and he provided quality pics that clearly showed the rust of the $15 latches.
And he offered even more pics if requested.

The issue that the usual old hens are squawking about is the rust on $15 latches, on what $2000 of boxes if new?
Seems they think it should be almost 'like new' in every aspect,, yet it is priced at about 1/2 the price of new.
^ Talk about unreasonable.

The problem is, we have a few here that apparently never got to be the hall monitor in elementary school and are trying to make up for it by questioning, belittling and mocking ads they have no interest in buying.
And then want to pretend that doing so is a great service.
Because this sort of trolling ads is common here, by the same members.

Last edited:
Jesus H. fellas. If you feel like it's that big of a problem, send a PM to mebfab or use the report button. We can all read, (presumably) and we can all look at the photos and plainly see that there are rusty latches. Pointing out the rust so nobody misses it I can see. I don't think we need 50 more piling on.

My first thought is that this seems pricey to me.
My second thought is that whatever he wants to sell and what he values it at is a buyer/seller deal to work out.
Why complain if you are not going to buy it?

Have no idea on value plus I have all these already.
Wife has asked me what to do with it all if I die. There is a lot of stuff.
"You know my friends that are machinists and hang with us. Tell them to come take anything they want and more.... Pass that point and call the scrap yard to take it all away".
Hopefully someone will take Dad's old Gerstner top from his apprenticeship and treat it well.

I do not find this selling obtrusive or outside the rules.

Last edited:
Well, ya know, I am really trying to describe them as I see them. Superlatives, could be, but these items are some of the best used that I have seen, in particular the Harigs. They are better than the ones I had in my own shop. Toolboxes, Yup the latches are rusty. I could have cleaned them up and tried to hide it. Instead, I just washed the mud off everything. Stored badly, Absolutely, but I didn't do the storing. Nope the paint is not trashed. Nope the drawer bottoms are not dented, scratched, etc. Yup the spin fixtures are just about good as new. As a seller, I look at what an item has actually sold for on eBay (a realistic figure I believe) and set my price accordingly. These are all markedly better than recent eBay sales. If you are interested, and think my price is too high, please make an offer. If you just want to bash me, have at it. Moderators, if I have done anything in violation of some rule, please feel free to contact me and delete the ad.

Located in South Bend, 46628, just email me for the phone number.

Last edited:

Back