What's new
What's new

Couple of the nicest spin fixtures and Kennedy's that you will ever see. for sale

DDoug, on the condition of the Harig fixtures. The AB is absolutely (is that a superlative?) like new. I don't find a defect on it anywhere. None. Came from a shop that had 2 cnc lathes and 2 cnc mills and some old Grand Rapids surface grinder. They never did precision surface grinding. These probably just sat in a cabinet for years and years. The lectric centers also looks new. I think that there is a minor grind mark on one of the adjusting knobs. I never had one of these, but I honestly cannot imagine a used tool being in better condition than this one. There was a defect however. They had the shop painted at some point and didn't tarp over stuff. There were minor paint spatters on the case that I carefully cleaned off, and it left the finish looking a little different in those areas.

DDoug, on the condition of the Harig fixtures. The AB is absolutely (is that a superlative?) like new. I don't find a defect on it anywhere. None. Came from a shop that had 2 cnc lathes and 2 cnc mills and some old Grand Rapids surface grinder. They never did precision surface grinding. These probably just sat in a cabinet for years and years. The lectric centers also looks new. I think that there is a minor grind mark on one of the adjusting knobs. I never had one of these, but I honestly cannot imagine a used tool being in better condition than this one. There was a defect however. They had the shop painted at some point and didn't tarp over stuff. There were minor paint spatters on the case that I carefully cleaned off, and it left the finish looking a little different in those areas.

When you embellish using superlatives it sounds used carsalesmanlike.

Leave all those phrases out of your description and use a good camera with correct lighting to take pictures. If you are not able to do that ask around for help, seems like 90% of people know how to take good pictures.

Great pictures and a concise description will sell better than caked on superlatives 100% of the time.

DougW- The latches are a big variable. They are a risk. Nowhere near as simple as just spending $15 to fix the problem. You stating "they are $15 latches on $2000 of boxes" is the same reality as saying they "Are the nicest boxes anyone could ever possibly find".

Even you could buy all the latches for $15 and know they were in fact the correct ones. You still need all the rivets. The tools for the rivets. To not destroy the boxes removing the old latches and installing the new ones. Bottom line is latch condition is a lot more than $15 of the value of a used box.

When you embellish using superlatives it sounds used carsalesmanlike.

Oh?
What is it when you describe toolboxes (in VG condition in my opinion) with a couple of tiny, functional, yet rusty latches as a 'bunch of rust'?
Like you did.
LOL

I have replaced latches, no big deal for me...maybe for you.
This is a metal working forum isn't it??
Or have I wandered into a Beanie Baby collectors forum?

I suspect Kennedy includes the rivets with the replacement latches.

Garwood, you are one of the principle trolls in this sub forum. You need to stop.

Oh?
What is it when you describe toolboxes (in VG condition in my opinion) with a couple of tiny, functional, yet rusty latches as a 'bunch of rust'?
Like you did.
LOL

I have replaced latches, no big deal for me...maybe for you.
This is a metal working forum isn't it??
Or have I wandered into a Beanie Baby collectors forum?

I suspect Kennedy includes the rivets with the replacement latches.

Garwood, you are one of the principle trolls in this sub forum. You need to stop.

You know it says it plain as day in the rules for this forum that people can critique the ads right?

There's a lot more folks than just Doug and I that comment on for sale ads and IMO, it brings a balance to this place. How often does a for sale ad in this forum have a comment from me? Maybe one in 20?

You say those rusted latches are no big deal and I say they are. I'm among several people posting in this thread saying they are bigger deal than you seem to think.

This isn't Ebay. It's a place where people that participate in this forum can sell, trade, give away stuff and ask for advice on selling stuff.

The seller seems to be doing great. His ad is staying at the top. He's taking criticism positively and doesn't seem to need your cheerleading at all.

Maybe you should reflect on your own actions a little?

You know it says it plain as day in the rules for this forum that people can critique the ads right?

There's a lot more folks than just Doug and I that comment on for sale ads and IMO, it brings a balance to this place. How often does a for sale ad in this forum have a comment from me? Maybe one in 20?

You say those rusted latches are no big deal and I say they are. I'm among several people posting in this thread saying they are bigger deal than you seem to think.

This isn't Ebay. It's a place where people that participate in this forum can sell, trade, give away stuff and ask for advice on selling stuff.

The seller seems to be doing great. His ad is staying at the top. He's taking criticism positively and doesn't seem to need your cheerleading at all.

Maybe you should reflect on your own actions a little?
Maybe you should Reread the rules, it doesn't say that plain as day or night in them. If you are talking about this

11. Be civil. If you are only interested in trolling it is not welcome. I understand that some people need a kick but it is getting out of hand and I will start to delete posts. I do understand that some ads need to have the OP called out. But be constructive and dont be a jerk.

It does not apply to this thread. The op was open and showed pictures. If you don't like it, move on. It's not like anyone is getting fleeced or decepted.

I will let you and others know you have caught the attention of the moderation staff for acting like children.

Maybe you should Reread the rules, it doesn't say that plain as day or night in them. If you are talking about this

11. Be civil. If you are only interested in trolling it is not welcome. I understand that some people need a kick but it is getting out of hand and I will start to delete posts. I do understand that some ads need to have the OP called out. But be constructive and dont be a jerk.

It does not apply to this thread. The op was open and showed pictures. If you don't like it, move on. It's not like anyone is getting fleeced or decepted.

I will let you and others know you have caught the attention of the moderation staff for acting like children.

I don't know if you realized this Barney, but the moderator for this section is posting in this thread. But it's a good thing he's got you to back him up!

I have said nothing in this thread to the OP that isn't constructive. It's not being a jerk to mention the pictures don't match the description and suggest steps he can take to have a better chance of selling his stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know if you realized this Barney, but the moderator for this section is posting in this thread. But it's a good thing he's got you to back him up!

I have said nothing in this thread to the OP that isn't constructive. It's not being a jerk to mention the pictures don't match the description and suggest steps he can take to have a better chance of selling his stuff.
Names Dan not barney btw...

Post#6 wasn't very constructive.

And just because I don't moderate this section doesn't mean I can't call you guys out...we all do it in all sections. We have said it time and again, if you don't like something in the thread, report it and move on. We are very responsive and take care of things quickly. Stop being part of the problem and be part of the solution.

Last edited:
I have said nothing in this thread to the OP that isn't constructive.

The seller mentioned the rust.
The pics clearly showed the rusty latches.
The seller also noted the rusty handles.
One hen already squawked about the rusty latches.
Then you embellish it with your squawk of 'a bunch of rust'.
Fellow sour hen DDoug follows up with,
"Harig Lectric Centers in absolutely pristine condition."
So what is the condition of the spin fixtures really ?

There is nothing constructive in any of that.

Gonna be in Indy later in May. Give me a call. Make me an offer, and if we can get together and I get a deposit, I can deliver them.

Price adjustment time. Thought that I had these priced pretty well, but appears that they need an adjustment. So, Kennedy $750, Lectric Center $1850, AB $1550. I can ship the two fixtures, not so much the toolboxes. Let me know if there is interest in any one of the Kennedy's. If there is enough interest, I would certainly split up the set.

I'm going to be selling my 2005 Passat diesel soon,

Here's the ad

2005 Passat diesel, 165'000 miles, washed regurely, best you'll ever see, immaculate condition low miles, well cared for, other then the a few dents, and bent suspension rod which doesn't detract from it's immaculate condition imho.
Just needs oil pump, camshaft and tires. Bargain at $5000

No whiners or tire kickers please, I'm too impotent to waste time interacting with the great unwashed.

IMG-4846.JPG

I'm going to be selling my 2005 Passat diesel soon,

Here's the ad

2005 Passat diesel, 165'000 miles, washed regurely, best you'll ever see, immaculate condition low miles, well cared for, other then the a few dents, and bent suspension rod which doesn't detract from it's immaculate condition imho.
Just needs oil pump, camshaft and tires. Bargain at $5000

No whiners or tire kickers please, I'm too impotent to waste time interacting with the great unwashed.

View attachment 394610

You should spend more time working on your own ads and less on critiquing other's ads, because you misspelled regularly, 'then the a' makes no sense and I think you meant 'too important' rather than 'too impotent'.

Or was this to be a personal/dating ad rather than an auto for sale ad?

Last edited:
I can't say I've ever had this happen before when watching TV. An ad pops up that I'm mildly interested in.... then it just keeps going and I find myself critiquing the plot and calling mom to complain about a fictional characters decisions.... I'm expecting season 2 soon.:popcorn: Practical Machinist FTW.

You should spend more time working on your own ads and less on critiquing other's ads, because you misspelled regularly, 'then the a' makes no sense and I think you meant 'too important' rather than 'too impotent'.

Or was this to be a personal/dating ad rather than an auto for sale ad?

If your not going to buy the car, please don't waste my time.

I'm much too important (or is that impotent)

Back