What's new
What's new

Couple Questions on Newly Acquired Mori 850G

Alh2411

Plastic
Good evening all. Super happy to share my recently acquired Mori Seiki 850G! Attached are a couple photos of how it started vs how its going. I am currently going through and cleaning the hell out of this thing. It has been sitting for some years with coolant and all kinds of grime that’s accumulated and formed a varnish of sorts. The last few days I have spent 20 hours cleaning, and it’s really cleaning up well. However, I have a couple questions maybe you all can help with.

-Where is a good source to find replacement wipers for this thing? I want to just replace all of them as they are a rubberized material that seems to have hardened and they dont appear to be holding their shape.
-What is a good source for the gasket for the headstock cover? Should I just order this from Wacheon
-Does anyone have a source for where to buy oil for the apron and headstock in less than 5 Gallon increments? I am wanting to get Tellus S68 and Tonna 68. I know that I will be needing quite a bit, as the apron is damn near empty, but I really hate storing buckets of oil if possible.
-Does anyone happen to have a source for KDK style tool holders? I was thinking going all out any buying a new Aloris or Dorian Toolpost, but this KDK seems pretty nice and since they aren’t really available anymore it adds to the character a bit.

Thanks in advance to and morsels of advice anyone can give!

Regards,

Attachments

• IMG_1888.jpeg
    IMG_1888.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1895.jpeg
    IMG_1895.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 25
Good evening all. Super happy to share my recently acquired Mori Seiki 850G! Attached are a couple photos of how it started vs how its going. I am currently going through and cleaning the hell out of this thing. It has been sitting for some years with coolant and all kinds of grime that’s accumulated and formed a varnish of sorts. The last few days I have spent 20 hours cleaning, and it’s really cleaning up well. However, I have a couple questions maybe you all can help with.

-Where is a good source to find replacement wipers for this thing? I want to just replace all of them as they are a rubberized material that seems to have hardened and they dont appear to be holding their shape.
-What is a good source for the gasket for the headstock cover? Should I just order this from Wacheon
-Does anyone have a source for where to buy oil for the apron and headstock in less than 5 Gallon increments? I am wanting to get Tellus S68 and Tonna 68. I know that I will be needing quite a bit, as the apron is damn near empty, but I really hate storing buckets of oil if possible.
-Does anyone happen to have a source for KDK style tool holders? I was thinking going all out any buying a new Aloris or Dorian Toolpost, but this KDK seems pretty nice and since they aren’t really available anymore it adds to the character a bit.

Thanks in advance to and morsels of advice anyone can give!

Regards,
Tom Greer at Greer Machinery in Huntington Beach , Calif....should have everything you need

Back