What's new
What's new

CRYSTA-Apex V776 (Mitutoyo ) or Global S Green 7 10 7 (hexagon)

Chips1987

Plastic
Im sorry if this was asked before but We are stuck and unsure which one to pick. I am thinking software will be the most significant factor for the new cmm.

We are a small job shop with a few complex repeat parts that repeat and our manual cmm is not cutting it anymore. We are using open-dmis on this cmm.
We are looking at these 2 cmm's and we are getting mixed reviews on the software. We did not use either software ever before so we are brand new to this field so any advice would be appreciated.

our tolerance is about plus or minus 5 thousands with few flatness call-outs for 1 thousands. the complex part I am talking about is about 3 x 7 inches with 30 features and the bottom is not flat. we have to inspect about 25 of these parts each week. Any other questions that could help with advice?

Thank you for your input.

These is some of the mixed reviews I see here. Reddit had this post and most people liked the Hexagon software where I read a few reviews here and people hated hexagon.

1659370748910.png

If you're using open dmis already perhaps Wenzel CMM could be a good option. Otherwise I would advise staying away from Hexagon. Bad experience with software reliability & service. We have an 18 year old Brown & Sharpe One still works but eventually will need a retrofit but with CMM Manager & LK controller instead. Calypso is a mess, CMM is too expensive & Zeiss's got not so great overpriced service. Also check this thread: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/...orth-switching-from-mcosmos-to-pcdmis.350282/

Back