What's new
What's new

De Vlieg Indexer

MH1

Aluminum
I came into this puppy just recently and am looking for some guidance on how it works, or maybe someone has a manual, and what would be proper disassembly/image1.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgreconditioning procedures for it. I put shop air to the inlet and "unlocked" the 2 outer knobs, and tapped what appear to be locking clamps loose but just get air leaking out under the bottom disc with the angle graduations on it and can't turn either of the knobs/handles/whatever that are labeled "engage" (didn't try TOO hard so as not to force anything). any help would be appreciated, de vlieg made good stuff and this is a solid indexer I can put to use if I get it properly functioning.
hope the pics come through my first time uploading pictures to the forum.

I'm sure someone will come with some real knowledge of these but I understand that the air lifts the table so that you can spin it around by hand to the required position ,perhaps that is what it is doing ?

DeVlieg called it an air lift rotary table. (The index tables (E table) are different and won't index off the machine).

I have not had one of these apart, and its been a long time since I had mine on my machine. My memories may not be correct. There are shot pins for 90 degree indexes, that is the engage hex. They use a rack and pinion to move the shot pins. The clamp hexes use the same method to lock the table clamps. IIRC, don't use high pressure shop air. There should be a pressure regulator in the line. Turn the regulator up just far enough you can turn the table (and workpiece, if present).

i got two sitting in the dust bin area, i thought they came with air pressure amplifiers. Not sure you'll be able to spin/lift the table with 100psi. This one is 6000psi.
devleig indexer.jpg

ok, i stand corrected, looks like the pressure amplifier was possibly for the pneumatic locking pins? either way, it'll be tough to find a parts print, seems Bourne and Koch have that on lockdown nowadays.

Thats some pretty nice stuff in your dust bin.

Are you sure those aren't air over hydraulic intensifiers? 6000 psi air is scary stuff without proper equipment.

If anybody finds factory documentation on these tables I'd like a copy. I have brochures and OMs for some of the jigmills, but nothing on the air lift tables.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I only had a few minutes to snap these pictures. The book was probably 30 pages just on the index table. They went too high for me. Especially since I didn't bring a machine home!

Feel free to PM me with your email and I will send originals.

Thank you very much for those table pictures. I should now be able to take my M table apart if it becomes necessary.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what are these for? Just 90* indexing of heavy stuff on a HBM? Any good uses in a modern CNC shop? There are a bunch up for auction locally.

Yes, indexing/angle setting of large work on an HBM. Not necessarily only to 90°. On a CNC you might be better off with a rotary that can be controlled by the machine. Could be useful for a smaller shop with a good sized machine I suppose with programs that spend a lot of time between table repositionings.

Back