What's new
What's new

dealer recommendations for a new manual mill (midwest)?

dmmlemur

Plastic
Can anyone recommend a dealer in the Wisconsin / Illinois / Iowa / Minnesota area who might carry new manual knee mills (say, a Sharp LMV series or a Bridgeport Series 1). I know of a number of *used* machinery dealers with manual machines and there are many dealers selling new CNC machines, but I can't seem to find any selling new manual machines in this part of the country. I'm probably not looking in the right places - though the market for better-quality new manual machines must be pretty small these days. My apologies if the answer is obvious or if this is a FAQ. Thanks.
David M.

I think you will a much better deal from Acra direct out of CA ( I think ). Not close by but Acra machines are made by First ( Long Chang ) which is a pretty decent manufacturer by Taiwan standards. Wells index machines are partially sourced in Taiwan now too but I don't have the details on what is what. My understanding is that you can deal at 75-80% of dealer price with Acra direct but I have only heresay on that. There is a used dealer in Dousman that gets some almost new mills once in a while and there was a guy with a like new lagun for sale here in the classifieds that was in the midwest. Dave

I think you will a much better deal from Acra direct out of CA ( I think ). Not close by but Acra machines are made by First ( Long Chang ) which is a pretty decent manufacturer by Taiwan standards. Wells index machines are partially sourced in Taiwan now too but I don't have the details on what is what. My understanding is that you can deal at 75-80% of dealer price with Acra direct but I have only heresay on that. There is a used dealer in Dousman that gets some almost new mills once in a while and there was a guy with a like new lagun for sale here in the classifieds that was in the midwest. Dave

Productivity in Minneapolis sells Acer, Clausing and Sharp manual machines.

Back