What's new
What's new

Deburring inside of slit part - best tool to use?

Dan - 2 hours does not sound excessive to me. The nice thing about the bowls is they run unattended, except for loading/unloading. Fun fact - I put programmable timers on mine in case we had parts ready for vibe at the end of the day. If we start them at the end of the day and ran them a couple hours after work they would just sit in mud or whatever overnight and then rust or whatever. So this way we can put the parts on top of the bowl of media and set the timers to start at, say, two hours before the start of the next day so we come in right when the cycle is done.

Ox - ours drains to a sort of grease trap. The sediment settles to the bottom and the water on top is pumped out. From time to time we make the new guy put on a jumpsuit and scoop all the mud out and it has to get hauled away. For deburring we usually plug the drain and just rinse st the end of the cycle. For polishing water/soap solution trickles in the entire time worth hr drain open.

Yes, there are 4, 3 at the tumblers and one with a filter sock, but we never recirculate. I have no idea how much water is wasted ( I would guess a quart per hour of run time per machine ), I do know our spring only makes 1/3 to 1/2 gpm, it feeds our home, garden, and shop without any shortages unless our goats, ice, the neighbors cow or the local fire department, break the pipe feeding the storage tank ( all 4 have happened in the last 25 years).

Back