What's new
What's new

Deckel 2038 universal table

So I finaly got one
Deckel Universaltisch 2038000290:)
But it seems there is an even more desireable one namly the 2038000300 wich has a digital read out:willy_nilly:

I am asking €2250 for it Is that to much, to little or on the spot
I ask because last time I sold a Deckel within 24 hours and there was the question if my prices were to low

Link to a pdf with technical data http://www.maschinensucher.de/dokumente/723707.pdf

Peter from Holland

tafelb2038.jpg tafelc2038.jpgTafel2038.jpg

723707-3.jpg

So I finaly got one
Deckel Universaltisch 2038000290:)
But it seems there is an even more desireable one namly the 2038000300 wich has a digital read out:willy_nilly:
I thought all the Deckel universal tables had encoder for digital read out ? At least I've never seen one that didn't ...Ross, what say ye ?

Been many years since I've seen one of these for sale seperately over here so hard to say on the price. Sean seemed to think they were worth in the $10,000 range in Germany back in the late 1990's, but if you put that same table on USA eBay today starting at 99 cents I suspect it would end up less than $2,500.

USA is not Deckelland so I hope to get that kind of money for it
Right, but just offering that as a point of vague reference...your price may be about right, maybe even too low again !

Yours is a little unusal having the dividing plate rather than standard handwheel, but unless you have the compete set of plates I suspect most folks had rather have the simple handwheel.

I still seem to possess the only FP2 sized universal table on earth ;)

And this one came from a Deckel FP2 Activ (replaced it for a regular box table)
This one fits a Deckel FP2 and 3 So it says on the other side of that PDF I linked to
It even came with a enclosure

Peter from holland
(yawn) yeah, yeah... I know... Ross has one like yours on an FP2 Activ. But Deckel did make a smaller version of that table specifically for the FP2A/NC models, which, to me just looks way more "appropriate" on the FP2 size machines. While your table does indeed fit on an FP2, it just looks too large for an FP2 to me.

Apparently they only made the smaller universal table for a few years and then decided that it wasn't cost effective to make two different versions of it. Somewhere in this forum is a scan showing the differences in the two tables, but I can't remember the keywords to find it.

USA is not Deckelland

Peter from Holland

From my obsurvations the prices paid here (USA) are higher for accessories than what the same items sell in Europe....
Machines on the other hand seem to sell at lower numbers here than in Europe......
That table falls into the accessory bin and i think it could bring somewhere about $3000 here. Of course all bets are tempered lately due to the state of the ecconomy.

D:
As far as i know there are at least three versions of that table. One with the rectangular top with the Heidenhain encoder like the one on my FP2 Aktive. ;)
Then there is a round top version that has the dividing plate setup and no encoder.
Then there is the style like Peter shows with the rectangular top , dividing setup and no encoder.....

Rectangular top manual version has fewer "T" slots (5) and of course smaller slots to be congruent with the manual machines (FP2/FP3)...Mated with the mounting that fits the manual machines as well....(45mm pitch)

Have seen a number of the manual round top ones with the mechanical indexing (no encoder), both green and gray.
My sense is that the encoder versions are more rare.....And of course the FP2NC sized version is almost extinct.

Cheers Ross

Last edited:
Found my data sheet... although labeled for FP2NC here (scan is from an FP2/3/4NC manual), it fits my FP2A perfectly. I've heard rumors that Singer has one, but never confirmed...suspect he's had them in the past anyway....but I've never seen one for sale. I had to buy an FP2NC "parts machine" to get mine.

deckeluniversaltablescan.jpg

Ross

Check that link in my posts
Here they are once again
http://www.maschinensucher.de/dokumente/723743.pdfhttp://www.maschinensucher.de/dokumente/723707.pdf
http://www.maschinensucher.de/dokumente/723743.pdf

It says this table came in 2 versions
The 203800290 like on the picture with plates
The 203800300 with digital read out
But you could also get some other interchangeable tableplates (Tischplatte)
A round 450mm one with nr 203800630
and a square one with nr 203800631
So they are not seperate tables you mention in your post but the same with other options
You can have 6 different set-ups for a 2038 table then

Those pdf 's are good enough to print BTW

Peter from Holland

Funny I never noticed it before... but on my scan the draftsperson wasn't as "diligent" on the FP2NC table drawing as on the larger table. In other words, there are details such as the dial indicator drawn on the F3/4NC table that are not drawn on the FP2NC table...even though the indicators are identical in reality (allbeit in slightly different locations).

Sheesh, maybe they knew it was a "flash in the pan" from the get go and decided not to even spend as much time on the dang drawing of the thing ! :)

Another difference
T slot distance on mine is 90mm
While the Milacron version is 63mm
So mine does not fit any CNC it seems :angry::angry:
Why 63mm and not 60mm :nutter::nutter:
Then it would fit on the Tslots 180mm apart

Peter from Holland

Did Deckel ever make the CNC version of the universal table that was only manual ? (without the encoder)

Only versions of that table i have ever seen that were all mechanical indexing or with degree hand wheel (no encoder) were only made to fit the manual machine mounting.....

Anyone ever seen one on a CNC machine that was without the encoder?
Cheers Ross

Did Deckel ever make the CNC version of the universal table that was only manual ? (without the encoder)
I haven't seen an encoderless universal table...but then in my entire career I've only been around 4 or 5 of these things. A better question for Singer I guess.

Interesting to see the dividing head plates on that table along with what appears to be the rotation feed rate gearbox selector (the knob 90 degrees and to the left of the dividing plates/handle)

Thought I recalled reading you can't have the index plates with the variable gearbox-- anyone know if that is true or not? Would be a nice feature to have on certain occasions...

Peter:
Don't believe i said that there were different tables...
What i said was there were different versions of the table you have pictured.

For what it is worth, there is yet another version besides what Don lists for the CNC machines.
There is a version with a larger table top...8 "T" slots rather than the 7 slots as shown for the larger 2038 (FP3NC/FP4NC) table.
Perhaps it was made to be used on the FP4NC/FP5NC's , I don't know, but i know they exist as there was one listed with good photos on German e-bay over a year ago....base number was listed on the plate (photo) as 2038.......

Cheers Ross

Thought I recalled reading you can't have the index plates with the variable gearbox-- anyone know if that is true or not? Would be a nice feature to have on certain occasions...

My FP1/2/3 catalog from 1979 shows the same table with index plates and also mentions the 3 gearbox ratios.

The interesting part is the table with index plates is a different part number from the table with the encoder, so, at least the way Deckel worded it in the brochure it would seem unusual to have a universal table with index plate and encoder on same table. But both almost certainly had the exact same triple reduction ratio gearbox.

(FWIW, the smaller FP2NC universal table has a double ratio gearbox)

Sheesh, maybe they knew it was a "flash in the pan" from the get go and decided not to even spend as much time on the dang drawing of the thing ! :)
Don't know about this 'flash in the pan' business but my 1988 data sheets show:

2038_tables_NC.jpg2038_tables_MA.jpg

And yes, I have seen a 2038-290 on a FP4NC but only because he had a FP3 with that table before buying a FP4NC with fixed table only.
(That and the -300 table are rated for 440 lbs on the FP2 and 660 lbs on the FP3.)

Oi, Peter, one of your landsmen. You may have dealt with Tony Verbruggen 10 - 20 years ago.

Back