What's new
What's new

Deckel E3, what is it exactly?

thanvg

Hot Rolled
Hi to all,

I recently came across a couple of references to the Deckel E34182681973.jpg
Apparently a very primitive NC approach.

A guy from Germany, Markusz did post here 7 years ago, but stopped at a point.
Does anybody have any literature on this?

I would like to know what are the differences from the regular FP3

BR,
Thanks

Last edited:
Steppers instead of DC-servos and apparently no glass scales, since that guy runs it on Mach3.
And has ball screws, while those early FP3A boat anchors with CNC2301 and whatnot all had acme screws.
Likely because otherwise accuracy would suck, E3 accuracy with ball screws, FP3A from glass scales.

Mach3 seems like a quite simple hack, just feed the stepper signal from Mach3 directly to E3 stepper driver, if it's still working....

No idea if it's a smart idea to buy such a machine nowadays, as Dialog4/11 prices are bottom low.
I'd just get a cheap D4/11 in good condition and use it as it is...

Last edited:
Hi Thanos,
I have seen some FP2 "E" machines advertised in Germany with photos. The "E" means "economy": they were built without some features in order to reduce the cost. I guess this makes sense for companies that are doing production manufacturing and just don't need those features for the operations that they are doing. For example, I'm pretty sure that on the FP2 E the horizontal spindle has no quill. I don't know if it's the same for the FP3 series.
Cheers,
Bruce

Bruce, he is talking E3, which is something very different. Really a very much modified FP3 to be used in a very early NC application.
Since these can be had cheaply on occasion, people dream of converting them back to a normal FP3, which are expensive.
But I guess reason prevails and it stays a dream...:)

Last edited:

Back