What's new
What's new

Deckel FP-1wanted

Man, this sucks!

The machine is not really for sale, but I am without a work truck and the financing company is bouncing me around with "close, but no cigar" on the truck I'm trying to buy.

Houdina, to answer your question, you can email me, but it's gonna hurt a bit (all in perspective right?). Anyway, it would cause me to say ouch since I'm a new business owner and going through the sink-swim thang.

In all fairness, I'm going to give Nick the first shot since he made the post and has already emailed me. After that...we'll see.

All the best
Sean

The FP-1 is sold.

Nick now owns one of the sweetest FP-1's around.

(sob)
(whine)
(cry)
(tears)

I'll miss it much. :-(

Sean

Sean, I was looking thru "post your Deckel photos 1" and don't see this one anywhere. Do you have a photo you can post so we can see what we missed ?

Yes, Sean, please post a photo of the machine and tooling that you just sold.

On a different subject, where did you get the photo of the CNC Deckel with the Aciera F-2 in the background that you posted in the original "Deckel Photos" thread? I was at that auction...

Alex.

If you'll read the posts following that photo, Sean answers that question, and still further down the new owner of the F2 responds as well.

Well, I don't have pic's of the tooling and such, but here was the body...in place.

niceexample.jpg

I was actually going to prepare a photo-spread of it for the board when I had time, but I'll leave that up to the new owner if he so desires.

Cheers!
Sean

Alex,
Funny you should mention that Swiss Precision auction....
As you may or may not remember, I purchased the FP2NC *and* both FP-1's from that auction.
The FP-1 which was in the "office" at that auction was the other of the 3 nicest FP-1's that I have seen to date... I own(ed) the other two.
The man who eventualy bought that one disappeared into the woodwork, which is a shame, and I hope Nick will stick around with us instead.

There is one other, which resides in the shop of a prestige home on an island off of Washington state, which lacks universal table, but is also very clean. It is owned by a partner of a rather well known tool dealer.
(can you tell I try to keep track?)

Sean

Oh... by the way...
What do you guys think of the plant? LOL!
Jess and I (in our concrete world) have been trying to soften things up around the place with plants!
I think if I'm careful with them, they may actually be ok out in the shop.

Thoughts?
Sean

The pot is a bit austere, but it does have a certain 'je ne sais quoi' I suppose...

Eons ago, when I was just getting started in woodworking, I worked for The Woodshed (brilliant name, huh ?) making furniture. We had a showroom connected to the shop, on the main drag of town and the owner struck a deal with a local "plant guy" to place his lovely plants all over the showroom and we would also sell his plants. As it turns out, even with timely substitution of plants, they pretty much all died...apparently a combination of not enough sunlight and sawdust clogging the pores (the door from shop to showroom got opened alot !) Moral of story..don't put your plants next to the cylindrical grinder !
smile.gif

Don,
If I actually ever *used* any of these machines, I'd have more concern!
Maybe I'll pick up some of those silk/plastic flora that I sometimes see in the shop offices.

Nick... LOL!!

Sean, I'm the guy that bought the high-speed head from you at the Swiss Precision auction.

As far as the FP-1 in the office being all that nice, I have seen nicer, but not many. I'd have to say, the truckers hauling it to L.A. put more scratches in the paint than 30 years of use. I was there when it was hauled out.

That was a fun auction. I dind't get the pleasure of buying any machines (too many people I knew that needed a chance at some fine machinery). I have plenty.

Beautiful FP-1 that you just sold. Hopefully you will get a nice FP-2 or 3 to take it's place...

See you at another Ashman auction!

Alex.

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited 10-31-2002).]

oh...hey man!

How's that HS head working out?

Yeah, the stupid riggers took a few chips out of that machine, but the FP-2NC that I bought there got the worst of it.
Basically a new machine with a few nice big gouges out of the side of the pendant.

Soooo.... Where the heck were you when they were loading it?! LOL! Next time, I'll have to pay you to stand guard.
Honestly, for what you got that head for, I would have given it to you to avoid the damage to the other machines.

Live and Learn. NEVER leave anything worthwhile to men who think it's ok to cinch logging chains over paint.

pfff... morons... I'm still pissed about it.

Anyway, glad to know you're around Alex. Perhaps we will meet up again :)

Sean

The HS head is great, thanks. It presents some problems on the FP-3, and it was not intended for it, but it fits and looks great. Also nice to be able to disengage the geartrain, the machine is almost silent with the HS head running alone.

What was I doind there? I was hauling the Schaublin 13 and an Aciera F-2 for a friend in Utah.

I have thought it might be worth for me to go in the business of locating, bidding and hauling exotic machines. They have people like that in the car world, but not for machines.

I am pissed to this day about how those two Deckels were treated. When I got there they were already on the truck and tied down. Damage already done.

Sean, what are you doing these days?

Alex.

Best I can tell, Sean's doing what you want to do, in between putting out Range Rover fires
smile.gif

Interesting concept, might have some possiblities... but machine tools and rare/classic autos very different. With autos, much more money and emotion involved. Also rare auto sales much larger market and much easier to transport.

Um... before anyone get's the wrong impression. It's an old POS cheap Range Rover that I bought used :)
I ain't one of those snotty well-to-do Los Angeles types.....yet. ;)

Since Nick probably enabled his email notification, we probably shouldn't turn this into a chatting post.

Alex, you should email me off-list if you want to discuss your idea.

Sean.

Back