What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 Aktive for sale Athens GA

Lowered price. It's been really difficult to put an accurate value on this machine because there have been so few sold publically in the USA. Only a tiny handful in the last two decades.

Serious offers considered. Many thanks!

I've had that post saved on my craigslist for a few weeks now. Wish I had the money, looks like a beautiful machine

Lowered price. It's been really difficult to put an accurate value on this machine because there have been so few sold publically in the USA. Only a tiny handful in the last two decades.

Serious offers considered. Many thanks!

How I would price it: go to german ebay and also Machineseeker.com - 200,000 new and used machines online and you will find MANY examples of the same machine, and a sense about the price in germany/Europe...then mark it up a tiny bit as it is more rare in USA and one avoids shipping costs from Europe. All that being said, I think you'll need to be patient....this machine is vastly superior to anything of similar size from USA manufacturers, but not a lot of folks in USA know about this machine....and it's size/work envelope is best targeted to hobby use...

FYI, I bought an identical brand new clone of this machine from FPS Werkzeugmaschinen | Robuste Prazision fur die moderne Fertigungswelt - a couple of years ago, its an absolutely fabulous machine, and the Aktiv Digital is very useful.

How I would price it: go to german ebay and also Machineseeker.com - 200,000 new and used machines online and you will find MANY examples of the same machine, and a sense about the price in germany/Europe...then mark it up a tiny bit as it is more rare in USA and one avoids shipping costs from Europe. All that being said, I think you'll need to be patient....this machine is vastly superior to anything of similar size from USA manufacturers, but not a lot of folks in USA know about this machine....and it's size/work envelope is best targeted to hobby use...

FYI, I bought an identical brand new clone of this machine from FPS Werkzeugmaschinen | Robuste Prazision fur die moderne Fertigungswelt - a couple of years ago, its an absolutely fabulous machine, and the Aktiv Digital is very useful.

Been following Deckel prices here since the mid-to late 2000s; and in my experience the German Ebay prices are quite a bit higher than what comparable machines fetch over here. These Ebay asking prices so I have no idea if they are an accurate reflection of actual market value.

Been following Deckel prices here since the mid-to late 2000s; and in my experience the German Ebay prices are quite a bit higher than what comparable machines fetch over here. These Ebay asking prices so I have no idea if they are an accurate reflection of actual market value.

Just checked machineseeker.com and they have 30+ of these exact machines for sale currently, with one listed at 3900 Euro, and many in the 15K+ Euro range. Most of the machines for sale that I saw were in considerably better shape than the OPs machine, newer machines and better preserved. I would probably set the price in the $5-10K range based on comparables.

Agree regarding www.ebay.de, there are 9 units for sale there and they seem to me to be overpriced.

Think your price is a bit high considering that this is not the final generation FP1 that has the power "Y" axis feed.
That said here (US) there are few late FP1's for sale so it will fetch more than Euro machines of similar ilk.....
Remember its here and that could make it a better deal, particularly if the new buyer is close to the sales point.
That DRO will only run metric if it matters. Later versions TNC 113 was bi-lingual. A plus to some here in the US....
Cheers Ross

I thought I might have been a touch high, but then again I'm consistently shocked by the prices that desirable machines bring at auction. I can't remember ever seeing an Aktiv FP1 for sale in the US. There have been 3 or 4 late models for sale that I can remember.

I thought I might have been a touch high, but then again I'm consistently shocked by the prices that desirable machines bring at auction. I can't remember ever seeing an Aktiv FP1 for sale in the US. There have been 3 or 4 late models for sale that I can remember.

The issue for the FP1 is that it has a relative small work envelope, thus less desirable in a production shop, but very desirable in a hobby setting. There most definately are folks that will appreciate this machine, you just have to get in front of that crowd.

Back