What's new
What's new

deckel fp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrwoodca

Aluminum
i may be able to purchase a like new fp2.it was purchased for a university r@d shop then the shop was closed within months.this machine is perfect and as new.it includes a deckel rotary table with plates,an indexing head with tailstock and plates,a beautiful vice,the vertical head,the horizontal arbors,many collets,oilers(all of these items are deckel and perfect) a waulhaupter boring head ,alignment scope and the deckel cabinet to hold all the deckel accessories.there may also be other deckel accesories.what is this worth ?please advise me .if i can't afford it my self i may sell it for the present owner.
thank you,jason

Hi Jason.
Asking for the value of a Deckel in the Deckel forum is sort of a mixed bag.
Since the forum comprises of people who both own, and could be interested in purchasing such a machine, any information you might receive could be biased.

It would be quite hard to throw out an arbitrary number that would be fair to you, but also fair to any perspective buyers you may have (and may also keep you from selling it if it is too high).

If I were to tell you that it's worth 15 grand, you may pay too much for it, and not be able to sell it due to high expectations even if you got it for less.

If I were to tell you 2 grand, you might not get it, and if you did, you might sell it too cheap.

Add to this that the actual condition of the machine could vary quite a bit depending on how old it is, how it was treated...etc. Internal condition, year, and other factors apply.

While it is a valid question, I think that in the future I will allow for sale posts, and offers to buy posts, but will restrict speculations on the values of the the machines discussed here as I could see it presenting some problems down the road.

I would prefer that this forum not be responsible for swaying anyone's finacial decisions quite so directly.

Hope you understand.

Sean.

P.S. You might want to try contacting some of the people off-list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back